8 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Quality Leader, Farm-out & Measurement Systems will manage quality assurance aspects of manufacturing farm-out initiatives across Lynn Component Manufacturing. Develop and implement control and calibration processes for gauges and fixtures used as a mean of product verification. Provide technical leadership and education of others across organization related to farm-out quality, measurement and product verification devices.
Additionally, as the Quality Leader, Farm-out & Measurement Systems, your Key Responsibilities Include :
* Create and implement effective processes that steer and control the development and conveyance of farm-out instructions, established for components and manufacturing operations distributed to suppliers accomplishing farm-out operations
* Develop and track performance metrics depicting health of farm-out process and farm-out suppliers
* Evaluate and trouble-shoot farm-out activities and suppliers
* Create program for supplier development initiatives at farm-out suppliers
* Provide on the ground support for projects at named farm-out suppliers
* Manage farm-out project quality qualification plans, audits, and performance monitoring
* Develops strategies and drives negotiations to meet the quality, fulfillment, and productivity requirements of the business
* Leads significantly out of tolerance management process
* Develop and lead execution of centralized gauge and fixture tracking, control and calibration programs
* Develop and track of performance metrics depicting health of gauge and fixture tracking, control, and calibration programs
* Develop and execute gauge and fixture recall and inventory management process
* Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
* Communicates recommendations and solutions across direct organization and with cross-functional partner organizations
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Supplier Quality Assurance or relevant sourcing activities
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* Ability and Willingness to travel to suppliers up to 60% of work year
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Project management skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Established project management skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Lynn is the home of the first U.S. jet engine thanks in part to relationships with material science researchers at nearby MIT. This continued relationship allows us to focus on product improvement. GE Aviation still a major employer in Lynn, assembling small commercial, military and marine engines in this Boston suburb. As a result, over 4,200 GE employees now call this historic area "home." Take the MBTA commuter rail into the nearby city of Boston. Several parks including the largest municipal park in New England, as well as the Lynn Beach offer resident relaxation. Learn more about our New England community!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.