9 months ago
Under general supervision the incumbent will carry out tasks related to chemical analysis, special processes and measuring/test equipment and certification procedures.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Complete and maintain all necessary reports and documents
* Carry out all tests/inspections, evaluate results and maintain required records/documents for chemical analysis iaw applicable documents
* Prepare special solutions used in testing such materials as heat treatment solutions, stripping solutions, metals, electroplating, waste chemicals and other related materials
* Interpret related materials
* Carry out all tests/inspections, evaluate results and maintain required records/documentation for special processes iaw applicable documentation
* Select and use appropriate materials and equipment for testing quality of electroplating, heat treatment of metals, chemical processing of metals, hardness testings of metals, corrosion removal and other special processes carried out in the plant
* Interpret test results and prepare reports
* Control, calibrate and maintain Inspection Measuring Test Equipment
* Select and use proper standards and testing devices for the calibration of equipment including micrometers, vernier calipers, dial indicators, height gauges, crimping tools, temperature measuring instruments and all company-owned or loaned test equipment and personal tools
* Disassemble, clean, lubricate, adjust and reassemble measuring tools and test equipment
* Maintain testing, calibration, maintenance and repair schedule for equipment and tools
* Carry out all activities related to certification of jigs, fixtures and tooling masters and all test equipment calibrated by Quality Laboratory
* Originate, document, promulgate, update and control Quality Laboratory procedures
* Assist in the preparation of SPP's, QALP's, process specifications and other technical directives related to the functions of the Quality Laboratory
* Assists and provides OJT to other members of the Quality Laboratory Technician Classification
* Performs inspection duties in receiving and dispatch stores
* Attends upgrading training for trade or personal development
* Must be conversant with material special processes, chemicals, inspection tools/equipment and procedures pertaining to aerospace industry;
* Must be able to prepare reports and other written documents;
* Proper use of all equipment required to conduct and support the applicable tasks These include: Gauge blocks, micrometers, verniers, dial indicators, torque wrenches, crimping tools, hardness testers, bore gauges, vee blocks and heat treatment furnaces;
* Proper use of all equipment and tools required in the certification of jogs, fixtures, and tooling masters and certification of test equipment. The following are representative of the material which will be encountered: Sodium cyanide, sodium hydroxide, hydroflouric acid, nitric acid, hydrochloric acid, ammonium hydroxide, chromic acid, barium chloride, phosphoric acid and sodium dichromate;
* Must be familiar with and comply with all safety regulations, security regulations and company procedures/orders;
* Minimum of 3 years related work experience;
* Must be a graduate technologist from a registered technologist program;
* Five years' experience in a comparable facility;
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation;
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area;
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. IMP Group Ltd. has an Employment Equity Policy and we welcome applications from Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotian’s and Other Racially Visible People, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under represented.
If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify, on either your application form, covering letter or resume.