8 months ago
Keyword: Quality Inspector
Request Number: OPS
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Mississauga (Ontario)
Organisational Unit: 4550-Pw300 Assembly Line - Mississauga
Sector: Engine Centre - Mississauga
Posting Start Date: 2018-03-05
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) is looking for a Quality Inspector for our Mississauga facility. As a Quality Inspector you will be part of a team that perform inspection, rework and reporting of non-conforming product. You will also participate on engine’s audits. For this position, you need to have two to three years’ experience as Quality Inspector, be autonomous and have good drawing interpretation skills.
Specific responsibilities of position: As a Quality Inspector you will be responsible to:
• Inspect, rework and report of non-conforming product;
• Conduct both scheduled and unscheduled production engine teardown audits as required;
• During teardown audits, visually inspect all hardware for non-conformities such as cracks, nicks, scoring, etc.
• Control hardware by maintaining a constant flow of material in a fast paced production environment interdepartmentally and between plants via SAP material movement transactions;
• Participate in non-conformities management and communication of P&WC’s quality requirements to other departments.
Qualifications required: • College diploma in aviation with two to three years’ experience in quality inspection;
• Experience in the aerospace industry (an asset);
• Good knowledge of drawing interpretations and geometric tolerancing;
• Autonomy and accountability for results;
• Must be organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
• Good computers skills and knowledge of SAP (an asset);
• Strong command of the English language written / spoken.
Field of studies: Aeronautics, Avionics
Additional Information: • Rotating shifts schedule;
• Regular overtime;
• Regular interactions with other departments within the facility and other Canadian facilities.
You have a good sense of priorities? You are autonomous and have good drawing interpretations skills? You thrive on fast pace working environment? You wish to work for one of the leader in the aerospace industry? Then don’t wait anymore and send you résumé for the Quality Inspector position! We are waiting for you!
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.