4 months ago
When the global aerospace industrial community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industrial industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
We maintain and manage a quality system consistent with United Technologies Management System. The intent of the quality system is to ensure that all products conform to specified requirements. Our major product lines fuel oil nozzles for heating systems. ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us today!
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
* You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
* You’re the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of work…not at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
* You understand the absolute importance of adhering to compliance…all while making your customers (and boss!) super proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at UTC Aerospace Systems, quality is personal. People’s lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space – what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts
In this role the Quality Engineer shall be responsible for:
* Proactive problem solving and root cause analysis with utilization of Ace tools (i.e. RRCA, Dive, 3-Legged 5Y, Cause & Effect, 8D, Elephant charts, Gage RR, MSA, SPC, Pareto, Histogram, Dives, Run Charts, Process Flow Charts, Control Charts, Fish Bone, Mistake Proofing, SAP QIM/QN, etc)
* Operational support in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools and methods to support continuous improvement actions onsite and at supplier locations as needed.
* Reviews procedures, specifications, instructions, processes and equipment to ensure compliance to applicable drawings and QMS requirements.
* Support projects to drive standardization of Operations and standard work to ensure processes are established, maintained and improved upon through support of the Quality Clinic and Quality CAB process.
* Dispositioning of nonconforming material.
* Generate, maintain and provide Quality Metrics as needed.
* Investigate/analyze Assembly and Supplier concerns resulting in Quality and Delivery issues.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications
* 2+ years exp with have Root cause corrective action (RCCA)
* Must have engineering background
* 2 years exp in reading and interpreting print drawings.
* U.S. person statement (U.S. citizenship or green card required): “Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.”
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience with gauge R&R
* Experience with GD&T
* Experience with ISO
* Experience with Lean Sig Sigma
* Strong PC skills with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
* Experience with statistical software applications (i.e., Minitab, InfinityQS SPC, etc.)
* Interpersonal and team building skills
* Listening skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
* Ability to communicate with all levels and organizations within UTAS as well as with customers
* Strong organization skills
* Understanding of LEAN Manufacturing principles; experience with Kaizen events, Value Stream Mapping, Continuous Flow, Mistake Proofing, 5-S Workplace Organization, etc.
* Access and windows programming experience
Moderate understanding of the requirements of customer- supplier specific Quality System program compliance
* Overtime may be required occasionally
* Must be able to lift items that weigh 25 lbs. or more
* Travel 10-20% travel
Education: Education / Certifications
* BA/BS degree required.
* ASQ and ISO Certification and knowledge of ACE Operating System preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.