5 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As a Quality Engineer at EPP, the ideal candidate will be intimately involved in the development, manufacturing and inspection of large composite structures designed to provide our war fighter with cutting edge technology in the areas of sonar and acoustic applications using advance composite materials.
As part of the EPP Team the Quality Engineering position will play a key role in ensuring all parts and product meet and/or exceed our customer expectations regarding quality and performance to enhance the Navy’s capability to detect underwater threats.
As a Quality Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring product quality within his/her areas of responsibility by:
* Conducting quality contract reviews and incorporating customer requirement into production and quality procedures,
* Developing inspection requirements and procedure to ensure product conformance,
* Supporting Quality Technician with regards to product quality and technical requirement,
* Ensuring suppliers meet EPP’s product quality expectations,
* Supporting our end customer source inspection and documentation requirements, as well as any post-delivery activities.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
* Be and provide leadership to cross functional teams in the development and execution of strategies and projects to reduce Cost of Poor Quality in areas of responsibility
* Actively participate in investigations and failure analysis resulting from production or supplier issues, including the initiation of appropriate procedures to address nonconforming product
* Leverage various ACE, continuous improvement, 6 Sigma, and other scientific methods to perform Root Cause and Corrective Action including the development of Mistake Proofing Ideas
* Support customer source inspection activities by providing complete documentation and inspection packages as required by contract
* Participate in CI activities as member of the QA Department, and actively seek opportunities for process improvements. (poka-yoke, visual controls, etc.)
* Provide guidance and support to the Quality Tech group in conducting in-process and final inspections
* Work closely with the Manufacturing Engineering and Production teams in addressing quality issues through the use of Real Time Problem Resolution techniques
* Coordinate all Quality requirements as they relate to the program
* Good understanding of design and manufacturing methods with the ability to read and interpret 2D and 3D drawings. Composite manufacturing experience a plus
* ASQ CQE certification a plus
* Working knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean deployment and process improvement techniques
* Familiar with ISO 9001 / AS9100 standards, SPC, structured problem solving tools (8D, fault tree, etc.)
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills requiring minimal supervision
* Ability to drive timely resolution of quality concerns, requiring minimal supervision
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office
* Knowledge of SAP ERP System preferred but not required
* Good communication skills with an aptitude for conveying complex technical information to a wide variety of audiences
* Demonstrated analytical skills
* Ability to make quality decisions while remaining customer focused
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor degree in Engineering or Technical discipline
* Minimum 2 years of quality engineering and/or manufacturing experience preferred.
Travel Required: < 10%
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.