8 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
* Maintain a close relationship with program leadership to ensure compliant hardware deliveries.
* Interpretation of inspection requirements based upon engineering and specification requirements.
* Interpretation of cosmetic acceptability of final delivered hardware.
* Assist in the preparation, review and approval of specific quality documents such as Quality Plans, Qualification Test Procedures and Acceptance Test Procedures AND UTC Production Part Approval Process (UPPAP)
* Coordinate implementation of new inspection methodologies.
* Participation in customer, third party regulatory and internal audits.
* Preparation and presentation to senior leadership and customer Defect Eradication and Capability (AS9103) improvement plans.
* Prepare Sampling Plan Procedures.
* Coordinate preparation and management of Notification of Escapes (AS9131) with suppliers, internal manufacturing and the customer.
* Prepare, reviews and audits First Article Inspections (AS9102).
* Prepare, reviews and audits Quality Notifications and Airbus concessions in SAP and TeamCenter.
* Support ACE / CI initiatives to assist the NEO program progress from Bronze to Silver and Gold certification.
* Support engineering through design approval.
In this role, you will be required to: ...
* Be regular and predictable in attendance.
* Apply your excellent written and verbal communication skills, including speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees and delivering formal presentations to large groups utilizing Microsoft Office PowerPoint and effective presentation skills
* Be self-directed and action-oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Apply your time, priority and stress management skills in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines while maintaining a customer-oriented demeanor.
* Apply your advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on root cause analysis and driving results.
* Work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, customers and others in a team environment displaying mutual trust and respect.
* Encourage and motivate others to team success.
* Develop, enhance and support effective teamwork through application of proven leadership skills
* Apply fundamental lean tools to achieve tangible results.
* Apply your advanced knowledge of manufacturing and inspection processes and methods.
* Interpret engineering, 3D models (Catia) and specifications.
* Be highly flexible in working varying shifts, including but not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays as required in a salaried exempt role.
* Work in a co-located role in a constant state of awareness adhering to shop floor EH&S requirements.
* Work in compliance with company rules and policies within this job function.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
* At least 18 years of age or older.
* Masters degree OR
* Bachelors degree with 2 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment ...
* Ability to travel both domestically and internationally to support the business needs.
* Willing to relocate to Foley, Alabama: relocation or interview travel reimbursement may be available.
* 2 or more years of prior Quality Engineering experience
* Prior Aerospace industry experience or education, especially related to manufacturing engineering; structural or mechanical design or analysis; or related disciplines
* Prior Leadership experience
* Current ACE Associate certification.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. Therefore, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelors degree required
* Masters degree preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.