3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader and continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
The Quality Engineer plans, coordinates, and executes Quality Assurance and Control functions to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory, customer, and company requirements. Areas of involvement include suppliers, internal manufacturing, and customers.
* Interfaces with and assists the Quality Manager, Quality Engineers, and Inspectors in establishing, implementing, and enforcing quality requirements.
* Works with suppliers, customers, and regulatory representatives regarding quality requirements.
* Reviews regulatory, customer, and UTC Aerospace Systems specifications to insure proper methods, instructions, and procedures are developed.
* Initiates, monitors, reviews, approves or rejects, assists with, and reports on supplier, manufacturing, and engineering corrective actions.
* Performs, documents, follows-up, and reports on assigned internal and external quality audits.
* Assists as required in resolution of quality issues.
* Recommends QA and inspection equipment.
* Provides training on quality requirements, tools, and techniques.
* Demonstrates initiative to proactively identify quality-related deficiencies, proposes improvement options, makes recommendations, implements resolutions and tracks progress.
* Analyzes customer and supplier returns and/or warranty claims.
* Ensures quality product utilizing UTAS quality procedures.
* Audits work area for safety compliance.
* Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
* Performs other duties as required.
* 2+ years of technical experience in a manufacturing environment.
* 2 years’ experience with quality standards such as AS/ISO 9000
* Proficient in blueprint reading coupled with basic mechanical aptitude.
* Knowledgeable in government directives, specifications, and procedures.
* Ability to problem solves, exercising creativity with practical solutions.
* Experience in leading root cause analysis such as 8D, 6 Sigma, or other problem-solving methodologies.
* Leadership and teamwork abilities at all levels of the organization.
* Skilled in computer applications such as the MS Office Products.
* Shall poses unquestionable integrity, sound judgment, and a cooperative attitude.
* Strong work ethic, motivation, and ability to work with limited supervision.
* Champions change and continuous improvement as business opportunities.
* Anticipates resources needed to successfully implement one's plan.
* Applies root cause techniques when faced with problems and uses the knowledge gained to mistake-proof the process.
* Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* BA/BS degree in a technical field such as Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.