about 1 year ago
Summary of Job Purpose:
The Quality Engineer is a member of the Quality Team with primary responsibilities for full program quality technical support and for developing, managing and communicating the reliability & maintainability methodology for a new development programs and their continued sustainment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* - Collaborate with engineering, program management and procurement functions to ensure quality standards are established and adhered to on the program and with suppliers
* - Use knowledge of electronic components, mechanical components and material used for production of hardware to assess compliance with program requirements, contract, and engineering documentation
* - Devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of parts/materials, components, and products
* - Design and analyze quality inspection and testing processes, conduct quality assurance audits
* - Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable quality and reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements, and perform follow-up verification for effectiveness of corrective measures.
* - Conduct root cause/corrective action on nonconformities; participate in Continuous Improvement activities
* - Responsible for data integrity and process conformance to AS9100D, FAA, EASA, CAAC, regulatory, and customer requirements.
* - Perform customer interface and manage flow down of customer requirements
* - Approve manufacturing documents & support the development & post-development phases of the program
* - Drive quality performance in support of Internal and external customer goals and objectives
* - Liaise with the internal/external organizations/customers on quality issues
* - Collect and analyze data, and generate technical reports and presentations
* - Implements methods and practices to reduce variation, with a goal of attaining Six Sigma quality levels. Understands the application of SPC, First Pass Yield, and gage effective use within the factory.
* - Participates in program reviews, design reviews, ECB where appropriate as the Quality process technical expert
* - Formulates or assists in formulating quality standards, policies, programs, plans, procedures, and practices
* - Interfaces directly with vendors and OEMs to resolve technical issues
* - Supports technical content of customer report and request submissions
* - Performs physical review of units returned from the field and identifies and tracks failure/removal reasons for further analysis
* - Utilizes removal/failure data to identify and correct deficiencies in program operations and remanufacturing techniques
* - Anticipates problems and works to proactively mitigate them
* - Ensures tasks are completed within estimated time frames and budget constraints
* - Strong Leadership capabilities and experience in working in a matrix environment. Ability to lead others in a dynamic working environment with full focus upon continuous improvement
* - Travel may be required
* - All other duties as assigned
Education / Experience:
* - Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in engineering, statistics, quality or a related field
* - Minimum of 5 years experience in Quality or Engineering
* - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
* - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.