4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Engine Services - McAllen, L.P. is a repair facility that primarily repairs Blades and Vanes Airfoils for jet aircraft engines. The facility, located within the Free Trade Zone in McAllen, Texas, is approximately 200,000 square feet and is located ten miles from the Mexican border and seventy miles from South Padre Island, Texas. The area's sub-tropical weather makes for warm summers and mild winters in which hunting and fishing and many other sports, such as golf and rollerblading, are year-round activities. McAllen, known as the Square Dance capital offers intown bus service, hike and bike trails, many restaurants & a new Convention Center which along with the Center for Performing Arts brings many musical acts and other events to the city. Learn more about our great town!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Product quality review associated with the manufacturing process. Positions requiring understanding of concepts, methods and procedures (technical Bachelor’s Degree).
• Ownership includes both quality assurance and quality control. Includes quality assurance of products, services, manufacturing processes. Includes conformance in manufacturing, new product introduction, incoming goods control, product inspection, witness points, etc.
• Expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent
• Works together with people from the business unit
• Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues
• Works within a team setting and / or under guidance
• Executes routine but complex analysis
• Communicates with direct team and supervisor
• Presents to internal and external teams on metrics, project status, and research
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Must pass background and drug screens.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Proven analytical and organizational ability
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
Locations: United States; Texas; McAllen
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.