4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a Quality Engineer for GE Aviation in Rockford (Loves Park), IL, you'll be part of a strong growth business and a team of talented and highly-experienced Engineers developing components for the commercial and military aircraft in service throughout the world.
In the role of Quality Engineer, You'll have primary responsibility for the quality system and regulatory requirements and apply your mastery of quality requirements and continuous improvement.
In particular, as Production Quality Engineer, you will :
* Be Responsible for site Quality Management System
* Lead site auditor
* Quality training responsible
* Review and implementation of quality contract requirements
* Create quality reports and documentation for internal and external use
* Lead root cause analyses
* Collaborate with cross-functional team
* Develop strategic quality plans to improve customer satisfaction
* Detailed data analysis including statistical process control, pareto, and six sigma tools
* Review and definition of quality and conformity requirements
* Includes quality assurance of products, services, manufacturing processes
* Leads analytical investigations using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods
* Communicates across direct organization and with external customers
* Works on cross-functional projects / teams to deliver solutions to the business
* Communicates across the function in area of expertise
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance / Engineering role
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* External quality audit experience highly preferred
* Contractual review experience
* Root cause and corrective action training
* Six Sigma training – (GE Only: Green Belt certified)
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead teams
* Presentation skills
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Strong oral and written communication skills (including presentation skills and customer / supplier communication)
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Illinois; Loves Park, Rockford
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.