4 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Quality Engineer (PECO)
PECO-Astronics, located in Clackamas, Oregon, designs and manufactures highly engineered commercial aerospace interior components and systems for the aerospace industry. We specialize in Passenger Service Units (PSUs) which incorporate air handling, emergency oxygen, electrical power management and cabin lighting systems. We also manufacture a wide range of fuel access doors that meet stringent strength, fuel sealing and anti-corrosion requirements.
In support of our growth, we are seeking to add a Quality Engineer who will take ownership and drive improvements in one of our key manufacturing segments.
Key Responsibilities & Activities Include:
* Develops and implements statistical methods and design experiments to support process control, process/product improvement.
* Develops and implements methods for sampling, inspection, testing and evaluation of products.
* Supports New Product Introduction to ensure successful transition of products and processes from design to production.
* Initiates process improvement projects to increase efficiency, reduce costs, simplify processes and improve quality.
* Assists in directing inspectors engaged in measuring and testing products and tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality.
* Supports NADCAP Special Processes such as Chemical Processing, Bonding, NDT and NADCAP 3rd Party Audits.
* Supports customer visits, audits and corrective action requests.
* Reviews customer requirements and ensures they are incorporated into the Quality Management System.
* Develops and documents internal specifications, work instructions and internal test methods.
* Participates in the internal audit program as an internal auditor and performs quality audits.
* Responsible for First Article Inspections (FAI) program per AS9102 and approval using Net Inspect.
* Supports Change Review Board (CRB) and ECN activities to review drawings and specifications prior to release.
* Supports the Material Review Board (MRB), disposition of nonconforming material and ensures that effective root cause analysis is conducted; tracks implementation of corrective actions.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation and this position may be responsible for the performance of various functions that may be an integral part of the Company's overall SOX / 404 internal control structure.
No direct supervisory responsibilities currently exist, but will be required to provide technical dirction and quidance to auditors.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below each are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor’s degree in Technical discipline with three or more years of quality aerospace experience.
* Knowledge of AS9100 and AS9102 and familiarity with NADCAP and Special Process Audits.
* ASQ Certification preferred – CQE/CQA.
* Statistical Tools expertise and experience with Lean/Six Sigma.
* Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Minitab.
* Ability to communicate effectively, make presentations and write concise reports for all levels of employees.
PECO-Astronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.