7 months ago
Keyword: Quality Engineer
Request Number: QUAENGPWS-001
Number of positions to fill: 2
Location: Mirabel (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 11550-International Utc Parts Approval Process
Posting Start Date: 2018-01-19
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Pratt & Whitney is seeking a Quality Engineer for its Logistic support facility in Mirabel Aerospace Center / Forward Stocking Location. As a Quality Engineer you will act as the main contact for Quality processes. You must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Quality Engineering and great knowledge of continuous improvement notions.
Specific responsibilities of position: As a Quality engineer, you main responsibilities are to:
• Maintain key relationships with AS9100 Registrar, FAA, TCCA, and European Regulatory Agencies.
• Ensure adherence to the internal Quality Management Systems.
• Be responsible for internal audit processes, identifying root cause and driving corrective action.
• Contribute to supplier performance and development as necessary.
• Lead and coordinate continuous improvement initiatives.
• Manage Quality related interactions with regulatory representatives.
• Lead and assist with Quality initiatives to continually improve performance.
• Lead, direct and train Inspection personal.
Qualifications required: • Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Quality Engineering and with detail part inspection.
• Have current Federal Aviation Administration “Organizational Delegation Authorization”, be a FAA ODA Unit member (an asset).
• Lean manufacturing or 6 Sigma green belt experience preferred.
• Possess a strong understanding of effective Quality systems and methodologies and their impact on both the internal and external business environments.
• Must have excellent Organizational Skills and ability to work independently.
• Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, must have demonstrated ability to work effectively with associates at all levels throughout the organization.
• Computer skills- Proficient in Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, Project.
• Experience with SAP and other IT Quality systems.
• Bilingualism with strong English communication skills (written and spoken).
Field of studies: Quality Assurance
Additional Information: • Perform as the Quality engineer in a logistic environment.
You have experience in Quality Engineering? Continuous improvement is one of your strong assets? You want to work for a great company? Do not wait any longer and apply for our Quality Engineer position!
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.