8 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E Aerospace's Super First Class Environments business unit primarily based in Tucson, Arizona delivers industry leading first class passenger environments for the world's top airlines. Our market reputation is based on producing highly reliable, complex mechanisms and the ability to achieve a high level of design fidelity to the original industrial design.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Quality Engineer in our Super First Class business located in Tucson, AZ.
We are seeking a Quality Engineer who is responsible for planning and directing the activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, supplier oversight and products at the Tucson facility. This position will report directly to the Quality Assurance Manager.
* Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
* Resolves day-to-day floor concerns and escalates to Quality Engineering Manager.
* Processes non conformances by recording information in the site's tracking system and ensuring follow-up from the appropriate parties through completion of CAPA's.
* Addresses and resolves customer concerns; conducts root cause analysis; recommends and assists with implementing solutions.
* Assists with the implementation of continuous improvement efforts by trending non-conformances, utilizing Quality KPIs, customer complaint data, audit results, benchmarking information, etc.
* Participates in new product introduction process to ensure awareness to design changes.
* Ensures new product implementation is in accordance with 1st article process.
* Participates in the Material Review Board (MRB) process as necessary.
* Supports production team during shipments with all related quality requirements to satisfy business and customer needs.
* Conducts product audits and reports processes.
* Reviews material defects and disposition for accuracy and completeness
* Creates detailed, comprehensive and well-structured plan by ship set to ensure appropriate support is given to production.
* Four year college or university program certificate; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 5 Years experience working in a manufacturing environment
* Bachelor's degree (BA/BS)in Engineering or Business field from a four-year accredited college or university
* Ability to interpret blue prints to customer specifications
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
* Quality work experience in the aerospace industry
* Understanding of lean manufacturing tools (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, 5S, Gap Analysis)
* Green belt desired
* Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
* Proficient with First Article Inspection reports (FAI)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Familiarity with ISO9001 and AS9100 standards
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Ability to travel 25-50% of the time
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.