9 months ago
Our Lenexa facility specializes in the production of Oxygen Life Support Systems and Galley Inserts Beverage Maker Products. Our Oxygen and Beverage Maker small parts assembly manufacturing focuses on safety and quality products production into the field for aircraft crew and passengers.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Quality Engineer in our Oxygen & PSU Systems business located in Lenexa, KS.
Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties.
* Performs professional Quality Engineering assignments of considerable complexity under direction with discretion as to work details
* Designs, installs, and evaluates complex quality assurance and/or control methods and systems
* Designs systems for recording and analyzing product quality level
* Develops quality control inspection requirements and techniques
* Develops systems to identify and address product quality trends
* Designs fixtures, and processes to insure the continuing maintenance of product quality; may conduct vendor visits to insure quality; analyzes reports and returned products to determine trends and recommend corrective action
* Participates in materials review activities to determine material disposition
* Develops standards and procedures to provide quality guidance and methods
* May assign work to inspectors and technicians
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
* Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Previous experience performing root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions
* Strong MS Excel skills, with ability to apply statistics, analyze data, and create metrics
* Experience applying Quality standards in a manufacturing environment
* Lean experience
* Experience working in the aerospace industry
* Experience working within the AS9100 quality framework
* Organized with solid judgment; able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities
* Desire to identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead projects to make improvements to processes, procedures, etc.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders including Senior Leadership
* Demonstrated ability to influence and build trust with suppliers, customers, and key stakeholders
* Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, specifically in cross-functional teams
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.