9 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
Woven Electronics is the premier designer and integrator of interconnect and assembly packaging solutions. We custom design and manufacture electronic assemblies and components for systems, sub-systems, and test equipment for military and commercial aircraft, surface ship and ground applications. We manufacture a highly specialized, responsive design and manufacturing capability that is dedicated to producing quality, cost effective turn-key products. This high-level of service is accomplished by combining an innovative and knowledgeable engineering team with a versatile and reliable manufacturing group. The result is a resource for military, aerospace, and commercial customers who need top of the line expertise and product manufacturing.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Quality Engineer in our Quality Department, business located in Simpsonville, SC.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will plan and direct activities concerned with development, application and maintenance of quality standards for industrial processes, materials and products by performing the following duties.
* Lead quality assurance activities at the Woven Electronics site
* Coach and train process employees on systems and tools needed for issue resolution including, but not limited to, problem solving tools such as 8D, etc., containment implementation, effectiveness verification, follow-up and closure
* Lead the corrective action process for internal and external quality complaints, in order to comply with the required deadlines
* Lead the implementation of Control Plans and LPA
* Conduct SPC and process capability studies
* Support manufacturing team in developing, implementing and maintaining Process FMEAs
* Support engineering team in developing, implementing and maintaining Design FMEAs
* Actively participate in Rockwell Collins’ continual improvement initiatives
* Communicates quality performance with all site team members
*Note: The intent of this list of responsibilities is to provide a representative study of the major duties and expectations of this role. Incumbents will perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based on departmental needs.
* BS degree in engineering or equivalent experience
* Minimum 3 years of recent experience in Quality
* Proficient in MS Office
* Experience with conducting internal audits
* Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification or training
* Working knowledge of requirements from Core Tools - MSA (Measurement System Analysis), SPC (Statistical Process Control), FMEA, Control Plan, Process Flow, GD&T
* Excellent written and oral communication
* Experience in automotive or aerospace industry
* Familiarity with all requirements of ISO 9001:2015 / AS9100D
* Knowledge of electronics/wiring harness industry
* Experience managing a staff
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.