9 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54450BR Date posted 09/27/City Hodges
State South Carolina
Level of Responsibility:
* Make significant contributions to the team by applying knowledge of Quality discipline.
* Responsible for resolving critical issues/situations, ensuring they are handled correctly and within current policy/procedure guidelines.
* May adapt new procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet the more complex requirements of the position.
* Review engineering documentation to ensure it contains the necessary quality assurance and customer provisions and criteria.
* Facilitate the investigation and elimination of causes of quality problems and follow-up on corrective actions; Understands problem solving methods – i.e. DIVE,8D, root cause analysis, etc. – and the associated statistical tools used to analyze problems.
* Provide support relative to the collection and analysis of quality data.
* Provide expertise, participate in and implement process improvements.
* Develop/implement and audit inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures / work instructions.
* Develop and analyze statistical data and product / process performance to recommend and implement improvements in targeted areas of the organization.
* Provide support in the way of development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions, and process audits with the objective of improving the process performance and capability.
* Write / evaluate QMS procedures.
* Execute the initiatives of the organization.
* Resolve most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
* May periodically assist in orienting, training, and assigning the work of other employees.
* Position requires daily interpersonal and telephone contact with associates, suppliers, and customers.
* Ensure compliance to ISO/AS9100 standard with regard to policies and procedures.
* Perform process audits to ensure Quality System compliance.
* Review discrepant hardware and participate in MRB activities as required.
* Maintains safe, clean and orderly work areas.
* Any other special assignment as required.
* Minimum of five years quality support experience in an industrial environment
* Knowledgeable in quality systems and procedures, ISO/AS9100, audits; strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Quality
* Associate’s- Electronic Technology
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.