3 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
The Quality Coordinator role provides support to the quality department regarding the coordination of kit inspections for all outgoing product. The person in this role will provide assistance with the inspection activities and the building of the kits for all product that is being prepared for the customer base. This role will work closely with production, kitting and quality to ensure all kits being provided to the customer are free of discrepancies and defects in addition to providing accurate documentation for the outgoing product. This position requires considerable coordination and organizational skill. In order to be successful this individual will provide guidance to the quality team on prioritization of projects and assignments and will sometimes require originality and ingenuity. In this position, the incumbent will immediately contribute to the achievement of departmental goals, the execution of departmental responsibilities while ensuring production requirements are being met and the resolution of quality related issues to provide support that will enhance the current Quality group. This role will motivate, inspire and lead by example while influencing team cohesion and cooperation. Other responsibilities may include executing daily quality functions such as creating ship lists and various other inspection activities in support of kit inspections and other outgoing product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
* Work from complex blueprints, special instructions such as process sheets, supplier purchase orders, customer purchase orders and flow down requirements, inspection plans, and instructions.
* Coordinate the inspection of kits based upon customer requirements and priorities.
* Ensure product quality and acceptance and release product for shipment.
* Work with customers, manufacturing engineering, kitting and production department as requested to help resolve discrepancy problems.
* Work in conjunction with Quality Engineer to create Visual Management system for the Quality department based upon order prioritization.
* Coordinate and prepare required department customer certification packages, paperwork, records and serial number log and other quality related files and records.
* Schedule and coordinate work with kit inspection, as required.
* Monitor customer quality bulletins and determine appropriate action.
* Prepare and upload data or inspection reports into customer portals, as required.
Quarantine product when necessary when found to be suspect or nonconforming. Aid in the MRB process as required.
Guide and train inspectors in parts list and drawing interpretation, detailed customer requirements as needed.
Point of contact for stamp control - includes dispositioning and stamp maintenance
Ensure calibration and metrology system is appropriate and maintained for production, purchased materials, and measurement integrity.
Back-up for the analysis and disposition of all product rejected and returned. (Secondary - RMA's)
Manage the calibration schedule while minimizing the impact of absent gauges on inspection and production. Minimize the production schedule impact caused by removing gauges for calibration.
Aid in the development of the scanning process for maintaining all quality records so the retrieval process is seamless.
Act as a back-up for preparing certificates of conformity / ship lists as required for product and kits
Astronics Armstrong Aerospace (1377)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.