4 months ago
Ensure that all inspection activities are accomplished in the most efficient manner and in accordance with approved company manuals, procedures, and policies to ensure compliance with FAA regulations and guidelines. This position is a supervisory position reporting to the Chief Inspector.
* Assists the Chief Inspector in establishing and revising company policies and procedures
* Ensuring preventive maintenance, repairs, and alterations are performed in accordance with approved documentation during the RII process.
* Ensure correct documentation and processing of received parts including the CURE Program.
* Assist in the supervision and training of maintenance personnel.
* Identify Company and Manufacturers manual deficiencies for management review and acting as a liaison on behalf of the company on issues dealing Original Equipment Manufacturers, Engineering Groups, Maintenance Providers and other relevant external entities.
* Work closely with Technical Operations Planner, Shift Supervisor & MX Control to evaluate and ensure that all scheduled work is completed within the allotted time frame.
* Perform immediate surveillance of aircraft inspection packages / generated paperwork prior to submitting to records for data entry & final surveillance prior to record archiving.
* Know and comply with policies & procedures detailed on the approved RII list.
* Verifying the in service date, proper use and handling of calibrated tooling during the RII process.
* Carrying out other Inspection tasks and duties as assigned.
* Must hold a current FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate and appropriate authorizations required for RII Inspection and Airworthiness Release
* Have at least two years maintenance experience on company operated aircraft or related experience on transport category aircraft with one year as certificated mechanic
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Must be legally authorized to work in the US
* Hold a valid state issued driver’s license and passport.
* Fluent in the English language, both written and spoken
* Know the appropriate parts of the company Maintenance Program including Policies and Procedures, as well as applicable CFRs
* High level of attention to detail
* Previous supervisory experience preferred