7 months ago
We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, our customers and for the world.
This is a unique opportunity to work in two factory locations on two Boeing Development Programs, including Space Launch System (SLS). The initial assignment for selected candidates will be production of the SLS Core Stage and is based at the NASA Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans, Louisiana, while going through the process for a security clearance required to work in San Antonio, TX. Once selected for transfer, candidates will be required to relocate to San Antonio, Texas as a condition of employment.
Overview: Space Launch System (SLS)
Boeing and NASA are building the world’s largest rocket for human exploration of deep space. The Space Launch System (SLS) provides a critical heavy-lift capability, powering people and cargo beyond our moon and into deep space to enable diverse exploration, science and security missions. Boeing is the prime contractor for the design, development, test and production of the massive core stage, and development of the avionics.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Verifies product conformance to design requirements.
- Provides objective evidence of results.
- Validates work instructions, tooling requirements, certifications, process standards, policies and procedures.
- Identifies and documents discrepancies and segregates and controls non-conforming items.
- Performs preliminary review and disposition of non-conformance.
- Conducts product review with customer during product or process verification.
- Identifies repetitive or significant non-conformances and initiates requests for corrective action.
Enhanced Production & Maintenance Relocation Plan being offered.
Occupation or Operation Requirement:
The employee must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
BGS Safety Qlty & Compliance
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance with a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or T5 Investigation and customer approval as a condition of employment.
This position requires the ability to obtain badging for NASA facility access. This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing. The employee must meet medical requirement for work in geographic areas.
• If applicable, please indicate clearly on resume highest level of US Security Clearance obtained along with date received.
• Please clearly indicate on your resume your aircraft platform experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
• Minimum of 3 years of:
-using Inspection methods and techniques.
-experience in the inspection of parts, components, assemblies or units.
-experience performing quality inspections on machined parts and mechanical assemblies.
• Experience utilizing and following detailed work instructions, reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, or
specifications and standard operating procedures.
• Experience with the following types of hand tools (calipers, digital optical micrometers, depth gages, thread gages, go no
go gages, etc.)
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in wide body aircraft.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience on Very Important Person (VIP) aircraft.
• More than 3 years of experience in Materials Review Board (MRB) and/or corrective action experience.
• More than 3 years of experience in a Defense or Space related program (e.g. NASA, DoD, etc.)
• 3 years of quality inspection experience, including First Article Inspection (FAI).
• Current US security clearance at the secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award