3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we’re ushering in a new era of customer service, with sophisticated tools that enable real-time customer connections and service anticipation techniques. We combine these innovations with responsive repair performance, product support and issue resolution for our global customers. Anytime. Any place. It’s this kind of best-in-class support that has kept our customers coming back for the past 100 years. Want to join the largest aftermarket network in the industry, with more than 50 maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) locations across 26 countries? You can learn from the best while bringing your fresh perspective and enthusiasm for customer service to our team. If those closest to you would use the words “reliable” and “dependable” to describe you, you could be a good fit for our team!
The Customer Service organization is seeking an experienced quality professional to work on a variety of initiatives in support of quality performance initiatives. This is a unique opportunity for a compliance oriented quality professional interested in a technical and regulatory career as a representative for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Upon hire, the selected candidate will work closely with experienced FAA ODAs to perform regulatory compliance inspections and technical document reviews. This experience will enable the individual to master the capabilities of independently evaluating material for correct technical content, accuracy and adherence to UTC Aerospace Systems QMS. This will position the selected candidate on the career growth path to ultimately become an FAA Organization Designation Authorization (ODA). The individual is expected to develop core quality competencies for support of the quality team and quality initiatives. As part of the quality team the individual must utilize their interpersonal strengths to effectively communicate with internal and external customers to support quality escape investigations due to material shipping from the Distribution Centers. In this position there will be interaction with internal sites and external suppliers as needed to support quality objectives.
This position requires well rounded knowledge of aerospace systems; including but not limited to, hardware, LRUs, components, and test stand configurations. It requires ability to interpret and work from complicated drawings, specifications, procedures, and instructions to configure and inspect a variety of aerospace systems components, LRUs, modules, and associated materials.
* Perform visual and dimensional inspection of major and minor components.
* Perform inspection of LRU assemblies.
* Perform quality evaluations of incoming customer returns to ensure compliance and document receiving issues.
* Support the DC Quality Clinic process to ensure compliance and process certification
* Files documents and maintain quality assurance record systems as required.
* Interface with multiple BUs to support high impact quality issues.
* Interface with DCMA as needed.
* Support CAB activities related to the DC.
* Internal and process audits.
* 5 years relevant quality experience.
* Minimum 3 years of inspection experience.
* Interpret and work from blueprints, overhaul manuals, customer specification, purchase orders, certification, written and verbal instructions.
* Experience in using measuring instruments such as: calipers, micrometers, height gauge.
* Experience interpreting drawing requirements.
* Inspect and record all dimensions with applicable measuring tools.
* Experienced in customer escape management (DIVE, RRCA, Mistake Proofing).
* Understanding of auditing requirements to industry and regulatory requirements (FAA Part 21 as well AS9100 / AS9120 preferred).
* Good analytical skills to develop, monitor, and interpret key metrics and business indicators, as well as engineering print requirements.
* Computer skills- Proficiency in Word, Power Point, Excel, Access.
* Must have excellent organizational skills, able to work independently, and operate across organizational levels.
* Ability to take direction and come back with solid results/solutions.
* Ability to manage daily tasks and meet timelines.
* Ability to focus on results.
* Ability to adapt quickly to changes or restructure of priorities.
* The candidate must be able to work in a high paced environment. This position is project specific and has tight deadlines for completion.
* FAA ODA experience.
* Experience with SAP and other IT Quality systems.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Associate degree in engineering or business.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.