7 months ago
Thank you for taking the next step in the REACH hiring process.
REACH Air Medical Services is currently searching for a qualified Quality Assurance Manager. REACH offers an exciting and challenging experience! This may be the opportunity you've been waiting for!!!
Applying the highest safety standards to ensure the continued airworthiness, reliability and safety of our fleet.
Working for a company that continuously helps you improve your skills.
Being part of a team that cares about you and supports you.
The REACH Team awaits your contribution to excellence!
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible to the Director of Maintenance, and will have the final authority in airworthiness determinations and releasing of aircraft to flight status. He is responsible for directing, planning and implementing the inspection standards, methods and procedures used by the REACH Air Medical Services, LLC in complying with all applicable CFRs as well as manufacturers’ specifications and recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Works with the Director of Maintenance to direct and maintain the REACH aircraft maintenance and inspection processes utilized in all hangar and base maintenance operations. Continually refines integrated aircraft maintenance and inspection procedures.
* Has the overall responsibility for REACH Maintenance Department Quality Control (QC) function, including all aspects of compliance with applicable Federal, State and local regulations.
* Establishes Quality Control plans for all hangar and line base processes including inspection and verification tools to ensure that processes conform to REACH QMS policy and standards.
* Maintains and keeps current a file of pertinent CFRs, specifications, type certification data sheets, airworthiness directives and service bulletins.
* Ensures that all technical data on all articles inspected, repaired, or maintained by the company are kept current with latest revisions.
* Assures that periodic checks and calibrations are made on all inspection tools and precision test equipment used on company aircraft. Further assures that a current record of those tests is maintained.
* Establish and maintain a Supplier / Vendor Audit Program as a part of the Company’s FAA-accepted Internal Evaluation Program (IEP).
* Establishes parts receiving inspection procedures to prevent receiving Suspect Unapproved Parts (SUPs) and assures that no defective, unserviceable, or non-airworthy parts are installed in any REACH Air aircraft.
* Assists the Director of Maintenance in the submission of service difficulty reports and mechanical interruption reports in compliance with 14CFR 135.415 and .417.
* Completes and submits FAA Form 337 when required.
* Oversees the proper tagging and identification of all parts and components as outlined in this manual.
* Ensures that rejected and unserviceable parts are handled in such a way as to prevent their reuse as serviceable parts.
The Quality Assurance Manager may delegate functions to other personnel, but retains the ultimate responsibility in the functions of the inspection department.
Responsibilities to the FAA:
* Responsible for documenting all maintenance, inspection, repair, and alterations performed for REACH Air Medical Services, LLC in accordance with the requirements of FAR Part 91, 135, 21, and 43.
* Responsible for providing appropriate and current technical data for accomplishment of all maintenance, repair, inspection and alterations performed by REACH Air Medical Services, LLC.
* Final authority in making all airworthy determinations and determining compliance with applicable federal regulations and manufacturer instructions.
* Valid and Current Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate.
* Previous experience working under CFR Parts 135 and 145 preferred.
* Highly knowledgeable of Federal Aviation Regulations, and of EMS aviation practices and requirements.
* Maintenance experience on the Agusta 109, Bell 407, Eurocopter EC135, and Beechcraft B200 aircraft preferred.
* Minimum seven (7) years aircraft maintenance experience preferred, including supervisory or quality control duties.
* May occasionally be required to travel to other REACH out bases to assist in maintenance events or perform technical service audits.
* Capable of maintaining flexibility and adaptability in leading company maintenance activities supporting around-the-clock air ambulance operations.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
* Demonstrated ability in a computerized environment to include Microsoft Office Suite, web-based inventory tracking systems, internet, etc.
* Responds to the needs of those served and demonstrates concern for meeting those needs.
* Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation.
* Responds quickly, safely and efficiently to problems that arise while providing service and/or leadership.
* Demonstrates consistent, clear and courteous communication.
* Is receptive, responsive and realistic.
* Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others' development (each member must demonstrate a commitment to help each other succeed).
* Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions and results.
* Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals.
* Dedicated to team success.
* Performs work with high quality and excellence.
* Dependable and delivers on established timelines.
* Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes and services.
* Seeks out and utilizes best practices.
Working Conditions and Physical Environment
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
* Must be acceptable in accordance with the FAA drug and alcohol testing program.
* Activities requiring moderate amount of sitting, standing, walking, speaking and listening.
* Frequent use of hands to input data and information into computer based systems.
* Close and distance visual capabilities.
* Capable of lifting 50 pounds floor to bench height.
* Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
Environmental Conditions: Entails exposure to the following environmental conditions:
* Constant exposure to routine office noises, such as office machines, conversations, foot traffic; moderate electrical or mechanical hazards.
* Some exposure (less than 1/3rd) to loud aircraft noise, moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic chemicals, airborne particles, risk of electrical shock.
* Traveling by air or ground may be required.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Director of Maintenance.
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
REACH is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors.
We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).