3 months ago
The Opportunity | Quality Assurance Engineer
Designs, implements, and maintains quality assurance protocols and methods for processing materials into partially finished or finished products. Responsible for planning, implementing, and managing compliance of manufacturing and production processes with internal and external safety, quality, and regulatory standards or requirements for worldwide distribution. Designs methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment, and finished products. Performs analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary. May assure compliance to in-house and/or external (i.e. ISO 9001, 10 CFR 50, etc.) specifications and standards. May prepare and provide product assurance documentation as required by customer programs. Responsible for effectively planning and coordinating testing activities and ensuring compliance with applicable requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides oversight of the quality management system, procedures, and methods to ensure its efficient operation and its compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
* Reviews and disseminates regulatory reference information that may affect facility operations.
* Is a leader in continuous improvement
* Participates in internal audits and in-process work surveillances, including developing plans, conducting audits, and documenting findings in formal reports.
* Develops quality assurance and quality control programs and manuals for new and existing business.
* Investigates/Reviews non-conforming occurrences. Implements sustainable corrective actions.
* Bachelor Degree in a technical, engineering, or science-related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 9 years relevant experience; or
* Master's Degree in a technical, engineering, or science-related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 7 years relevant experience
* Must be a sole US citizen and able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
* Strong oral and written communication skills with knowledge of MS Office.
* Navy Nuclear Propulsion Program experience
* Experience with Navy, ISO 9001, NQA-1, or 10 CFR 50 compliant quality programs
* ISO 9001 Certified Auditor
* Ability to understand statistical inference
* Good presentation skills
* Previous graduate of the Quality Assurance Office Course taught by the Norfolk Naval Shipyard Fleet Maintenance Support Branch
This position will be located in Summerville, South Carolina, but will require up to 50% travel for training in the Wellsville, NY and/or Cheswick PA facilities prior to opening of the new factory in the fall of 2019.
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.