5 months ago
Quality Assurance Engineer - (171292)
(Manufacturing Engineer NOT Information Technology/Computer Engineer)
* We solve our customers’ most difficult technical challenges
* We value trust, respect, integrity & cooperation in everything we do
* Performance really matters – for our people, customers & shareholders
If this sounds like the kind of organization you want to be a part of, continue reading…
Moog Aircraft Group is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to take on the critical role of improving some of our most important processes and projects. You’ll take ownership and drive results focused directly on key products, product lines, customers, and programs. Interact with customers in the field and Moog internal teams of engineers, planners and supplier quality engineers. Work collaboratively to make the tough calls impacting the material readiness and operations of our customers. This is a very challenging, very rewarding role.
Here’s what you can expect as a Quality Assurance Engineer at Moog ….
* Plan, implement, and administer cost effective Quality Programs to assure a system is in place which meets all Moog quality, regulatory and contractual requirements.
* Responsibilities for program and product quality and which will include interaction with Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Sikorsky and other aircraft manufacturers.
* Prepare quality assurance proposals and related cost estimates. Examine the contractual requirements, determine compliance or if exceptions will be taken, and plan for the flow-down of these requirements.
* Develop inspection plans for receiving inspection, manufacturing operation sheets, A&T worksheets, and other documentation.
* Contact with Customer, Government, Regulatory Agency and Major Subcontractor Representatives.
* Good communication skills required to report out to all levels of staff at Moog Inc., customer and regulatory groups on initiatives and issues impacting quality.
* Minimum travel required (<10%).
To take on this role, you’ll need…..
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
* 3 years of relevant experience; two of which must be in Quality Engineering.
* Organizational, technical knowledge, analytical and communication skills to conduct Failure analysis.
* The position will provide program support which requires a creative approach to problem solving.
* Experience with the use of Problem Solving tools for effective Root Cause, Corrective Action and Containment. Ability to use analysis techniques, such as SPC, regression, statistics, and Design of Experiments preferred.
* MS Office and computer proficiency.
* ASQ CQE preferred.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran