9 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished:
* Compile and analyze quality performance data
* Develop graphs, charts and quality reports
* Coordinate with Production, Program Management and Engineering to conduct product failure analysis
* Liaise with customers and Customer Service on quality matters and act as the customer’s representative in the certification of systems
* Responsible to support incoming, in-process and final inspection tests in production and in customer service. The inspection criteria include physical workmanship, performance (video) and cosmetic concerns as well as ensuring all documentation is correct/complete and having the appropriate authorizing signatures where needed
* CofC (Certificate of Conformance) product in the shipping department
* Must be able to use MES (Manufacturing Execution System/Benchmark Enterprise System)
* Perform internal spot audits related to the (BPMS) Business Process Management System
* Create NCR’s (Non-Conformance Reports)
* Support the CAR (Corrective Action Request) process
* Support the RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action) process
* Participate/audit/drive QA metrics in MRB (Material Review Board)
* Support the Containment process
* Conduct FAI (First Article Inspections)
* Support PFEMA (Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis)
* Must be able to communicate data in daily/weekly/monthly meetings
* Must be able to use the ERP LN (Enterprise Resource Planning) system
* Must be able to create ECR/ECO/PR through TeamCenter
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Working knowledge of AS9100 standard
* Basic understanding of statistical analysis and reporting
* Experience in process quality control and product testing
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Graphing, Access)
* Continuous improvement disciplines (Fishbone, Kaizen, Lean, 5 Whys, Root Cause Analysis)
* Product-related software functionality
* Basic knowledge and understanding of Electro-Mechanical assembly processes'
Experience & Education Requirements:
* Minimum 3 years experience in a technical capacity
* College Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical with Quality Assurance training
* ISO9001/AS9100 working knowledge
* CQE or CQT is preferred
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam