7 months ago
Quality Control & Assurance
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is accountable for the overall leadership and execution of the quality systems and functions that support the manufacturing operations of the Bucyrus Bearing Plant. This position is responsible for the final decision on the quality disposition of all production, ensure that quality systems are functioning to corporate standards, and identify opportunities for improvement in the existing quality system. On a daily basis, this position is responsible to ensure all product shipped from the plant is within specification.
1. Manage and coach the Quality Area Leaders (Supervisors) on all shifts. Provide direction and leadership to all supervisors and hourly associates in the Quality Advancement department. Handle human resource issues such as shift balancing, overtime schedules, disciplinary actions and maintain departmental records.
2. Execute the quality system procedures and practices to ensure corporate standards and customer specifications are achieved. Continuously evaluate the quality system to identify opportunities for improvement.
3. Manage the training and development needs for the supervisors and hourly associates in the Quality Advancement department. This involves planning, scheduling, and documenting the training.
4. Plan and implement improvement projects that will maintain the quality system equipment at the level needed to assure product is within quality specifications.
5. Maintain good and frequent communications with the production areas, Maintenance and other support areas. Develop and enhance coordination between production supervisors and Shift Manufacturing Leaders on all shifts.
6. Control departmental costs while enhancing the safety and housekeeping of the workplace. Implement or support the actions required to achieve the department’s business plan objectives and goals.
7. Lead, develop and communicate quality goals, tactics and strategies to continually improve quality systems, procedures and processes to meet and exceed internal and external customer requirements within the department.
- Implement and lead teams in the utilization of root cause problem-solving techniques to reduce and eliminate non-conforming product.
- Manage supplier relations to ensure consistent quality inputs and processes.
- Lead and Manage all quality metrics and develop and implement improvement plans.
- Implement, maintain and ensure adherence to all TQMS models.
- Ensure associates are properly trained and certified to assigned jobs.
Education & Experience:
* Minimum required Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering
* Preferred Master's degree in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering
* Previous Job Experiences 7 to 10 years in Production Management, Mechanical Engineering, Product/Quality Engineering
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.