about 1 year ago
This is an hourly, non-exempt position which will oversee all assigned production work scopes to ensure all work accomplished is done in accordance with the West Star Aviation Repair Station Manual and the Federal Aviation Regulations. This will be accomplished while working with Program Managers, Leads and Technicians. The job includes varying duties each day, but include performing work order surveillance and creating maintenance log entries for all maintenance and modifications to aircraft assigned, completing all FAA approval and return to service paperwork as required to support production and our customers, assisting Engineering personnel in assuring alterations and repairs are accomplished in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations, and ensuring quality control and release of aircraft meet the West Star Aviation Repair Station Manual and FAA requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
* Inspect work of aircraft mechanics performing maintenance, modification, or repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft mechanical systems to ensure compliance with Repair Station and FAA standards, procedures and regulations.
* Prepare and maintain detailed repair, inspection, investigation, and certification records and reports.
* Inspect new, repaired, or modified aircraft to identify damage or defects and to assess airworthiness and conformance to standards, using checklists, hand tools, and test instruments.
* Produce, examine, research and review maintenance records and flight logs to determine if service and maintenance checks and overhauls were performed at prescribed intervals.
* Oversee, conduct and document flight tests to test equipment, instruments, and systems under a variety of conditions in coordination with Maintenance Technicians.
* Ensure, document, and track the competency of persons operating, installing, and repairing aircraft equipment according to Repair Station procedures and FAA regulations.
* Conduct logbook research and other duties related to pre-buy activities.
* Release aircraft to return aircraft to service.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Associates degree in Aviation Technology strongly preferred
* FAA Airframe and Powerplant license required
* Inspection Authorization (IA) rating is a plus
* 8 years progressive experience as an aircraft maintenance technician with sign-off authority
* 4 years aircraft inspection experience with at least 1 year return to service authority
* Strong knowledge of FAA requirements, work orders and the customer billing process
* Ability to read electrical and structural prints is recommended