3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The nature of our global business is complex, and we rely on our Legal, Contracts and Compliance (LCC) team to help us get the job done. As a valued partner across our business, the LCC team plays a key role in our company’s success. Our LCC team members bring their passion, expertise, and humor to everything they do, from safeguarding our employees' creative ideas to helping us maintain the highest standards of ethical behavior. Enjoy working with diverse groups? Want opportunities to grow your career in a fast-paced, global enterprise? If you want to bring your legal expertise to the aerospace industry, our team could be a great fit for you.
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Want to work in one of the most exciting industries in the world today? Consider how an internship with UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) can jumpstart your career; this is a chance to work alongside the aerospace industry's top people in some of the world's most technologically advanced facilities. It’s an exciting opportunity to take on challenging projects, integrate theory and practice, and further confirm your career choices within a highly stimulating culture. If you want to be a part of a global business that’s creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers, consider this your runway. All superstars start somewhere…are you ready to take off?
As a Contracts Intern at UTC Aerospace Systems you will provide assistance and support to Contract Administrators and Contract Managers with proposal preparation, contract review, and acknowledgments, change management, SAP financial billing set-up, export compliance, and special assignments.
The Intern shall be responsible for:
* Review of customer solicitations, Request for Proposals, contracts, modifications (follow-on and new business), kick-off proposal preparation activities & support proposal deliverables
* Familiarize/analyze unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms & conditions
* Provide guidance to the program team on the requirements of the contract (SOW, Data Deliverables, IP rights, reporting requirements, schedule, etc.) flow down
* Draft customer correspondence and program letters
* Prepare Export classification and TEXTPORT requests
* Review Purchase Orders (PO), contracts, and modifications for compliance to contract requirements and negotiated pricing, delivery, and terms & identify differences
* Prepare acknowledgment and rejection of Purchase Orders/Contracts
* Draft and support the execution of Non-Disclosure Agreements
* Support the closure of Contracts Standard Work
* Support Contract/PO Closeouts
* Propose a continuous improvement idea during the internship
* Perform other special assignments
* Must be willing to work 40 hours per week.
* Critical thinking ability
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills
* Ability to work independently
* Strong analytical skills
* Teamwork & Collaboration
* Ability to make sound ethical decisions
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field
* Must have completed at least 30 credit hours of college coursework by Summer 2018
* GPA of 3.0 or above is required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.