about 1 year ago
Keyword: PW800 Maintainability - Service Engineer
Request Number: SCR
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 9931-PW800 Customer Engineering
Division: Customer Service
Sector: Service Center
Posting Start Date: 2018-01-31
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: A PW800 Product Coordinator / Service Engineer is responsible to complete product specific tasks related to serviceability, repair, maintenance, overhaul and operating and maintenance cost.
Specific responsibilities of position: • Develop, Support and manage 3rd parties suppliers to develop and supply availability, and dispatch reliability analysis for existing and new PW800 IPPS models.
• Drive the PW800 Product IPT’s (Publications, Tooling, Workscope, MSG3 etc…).
• Drive and coordinate the Repair Should Cost Estimation project (RSCES).
• Define and optimize the Repair vs Replace component list.
• Initiate and deploy the Engine Workscope Program, MRO Support for EIS and minize DMC risk.
• Coordinate with collaborators, and supplier activities to meet EIS deliverables.
• Manage, review and approve Enterprise Change Management requests for the PW800 IPPS.
• Review current component instruction limits and recommend potential repairs or increased limitsto meet business case.
• Identify and communicate program risks and mitigation plans.
• Support and develop new program proposals.
• Engage, support and participate to P&WC pillars development.
• Manage/coordinate/support all Aircraft OEM deliverables for flight test, aircraft certifcation and in service support.
Qualifications required: • Bachelor of engineering degree with 6 to 10 years' experience.
• Strong Communication skills verbal and in writing English.
• Strong commercial & technical skills and able to define value proposition to customers.
• Demonstrates a high level of curiosity to identify and create new business opportunities in untapped areas.
• Has a strategic mindset with strong influential leadership.
• Result-driven, demonstrated ability to plan, organize and manage resources to meet objectives within defined time frames.
• Demonstrated skills in project management and credentials in delivering strong business results required.
Field of studies: Aeronautics, Avionics, Aeronautical Maintenance, Aerodynamics Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Production Engineering, Operations Management, Engineering, Technical
Additional Information: Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.