9 months ago
Develop strategies on must win programs, review internal/external process and provide solutions, writing statements of work (SOW), creating and providing direction on request for quotations/proposals, source selection on the following commodities Services, Raw materials, Sheet metal assemblies, Machine parts, castings/forgings, Capitol equipment, assemblies, In-house manufacturing support, processing, painting, chroming, Line stock, Vending machines, etc.…, analyze proposals, negotiate terms and conditions, Global support to the Aircraft, export/import (ITAR compliance), supplier performance in Cost, Delivery, Quality, tracking of all shortages, develop a 24/7 support group on Aircraft on Ground (AOG’s), Government Furnished Equipment (GFE), Ground Support Equipment (GSE), meet contractual requirements on small business, developing suppliers, create a strong business relationship that may include partnerships with the suppliers for long term agreements (LTA’s), develop business plans to increase growth opportunities for the business, increase profit and reduce overhead, adhere to policies and procedures, Supporting all customer requirements both internal as well as external, develop department structure, manage department budgets, staffing, training, mentoring, developing staff members, present to both internal and to the external customers, provide executive reviews for all programs as well as the health of the department.
- Sources; negotiates and purchases machinery; equipment; tools; raw material; packaging materials; parts; services; and/
or supplies necessary for operation of an organization.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Monitors performance of suppliers.
- Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Evaluates areas of opportunity to leverage material acquisitions.
- Tracks data to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Negotiates with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and to determine
lowest cost consistent with quality; reliability; and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews proposals; negotiates prices; selects or recommends suppliers; analyzes trends; follows up orders placed;
verifies delivery; approves payment; and maintains necessary records.
- May prepare request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of professional experience working in a supervisor/manager capacity within Purchasing/
Procurement in aerospace/defense or manufacturing. Equivalent combination of experience and education will be
- Proven Abilities to:
- Develop and execute high level project plans
- Manage multiple work streams with conflicting objectives
- Create effective negotiation strategy, taking into account the needs of multiple vested parties
- Anticipate and take ownership resolving all business issues related to managed work streams
- Required personal attributes: Leadership, strong interpersonal skills, outstanding oral and written communications,
proactive, innovative, disciplined, team-builder, motivator, closer.
- Strategic perspective with tactical implementation skills
- A responsive, fast-paced decision-maker who is highly driven to achieve business expectations. Results-oriented leader
driven by personal and team accountability.
- Exhibits a fact-based management style aggressively addressing business tactical issues and strategic needs.
- Strong team-building and cross-functional collaboration skills
*LI-LS1Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity
US Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Division - Vertex-20000074
: Apr 26, 2018, 3:50:11 PM