about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10734
Location: US - California - San Diego
Functional Area: Operations
Division: NUL (AHV)
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
The purchasing manager is responsible for the daily tactical and strategic operations of the purchasing department with a staff of 5-7 buyers in a high mix, mixed volume electronics manufacturing environment. Responsibilities include managing the activities of the purchasing team, managing performance/KPIs/development of the team, ensuring material availability to support production schedules, and collaborating with all other departments & management as the department head. Regular reporting and data analysis are essential to the success of this role
• Ensure material availability requirements are met to support manufacturing operations.
• Review MRP demand information and coordinate the execution of purchase orders to support high mix, mixed volume manufacturing requirements.
• Establish and manage supplier stocking agreements.
• Define goals, track department metrics, coach employees, and drive results within the department.
• Responsible for achieving monthly inventory, purchase price, material availability, and OTD key performance indicators.
• Develop supply chain strategies that minimize material shortages, decrease inventory, and reduce lead times.
• Engage in cost reduction initiatives through negotiations, sourcing in low cost regions, and VA/VE projects.
• Analyze complex data and identify opportunities for efficiency and process improvements.
• Manage sourcing and qualification timelines for new product introductions, working closely with engineering teams.
• Coordinate the resolution of nonconforming materials with suppliers.
• Execution of the ABC inventory management strategy.
• Routine maintenance of purchasing related order modifiers in ERP.
• Management representative for the purchasing department.
• Work with master scheduler to understand and disseminate information related to demand anomalies, challenges, and opportunities.
• Assume leadership role in working with key internal company personnel in order to establish sound and effective purchasing strategies.
• Maintain and verify compliance of purchasing procedures to ISO standards.
• Establish and maintain clear and effective purchasing policies and procedures.
• At least 5 years as a manager of people in a purchasing environment
• Proven track record in both tactical and strategic purchasing activities
• Experience with ABC inventory classification, KanBan programs, and ISO processes
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, and meet deadlines
• Ability to create and manage purchasing budgets (spend, savings, inventory, etc.
• Solid understanding of using MRP to manage purchase actions
• Leadership skills leading teams and collaborating with other department managers
• English, strong computer skills, and advanced knowledge of Excel
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant discipline such as Supply Chain, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Purchasing, etc.
• 7-10 years experience in purchasing, and 3-5 years experience as a manager of people in a similar purchasing function
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.