26 days ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Responsible for supporting the Purchasing team with the following:
- Purchase components and commodities for production.
- Status purchase orders
- Obtain schedule and delivery confirmations from suppliers
- Anticipate and communicate delivery delays from suppliers
- Manage part shortages and expedite
- Resolve receipt and invoice discrepancies
- Monitor delivery performance
- Execute process improvements
- Execute disposition with suppliers on CO revisions
- Escalate supplier management issues to supply chain management
This intern would have the opportunity to learn SAP and maintain updated work breakdown structures as part of the project team, prepare journal entries and associated analysis of journal entry data, analyze project costs, work on quarterly projects (such as eSOX), collection and analysis of state tax return information, compile data, generate monthly reporting package information and complete ad hoc analysis and projects.|
Must be pursuing a BS degree in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management, Business, or other related education
Must have completed at least 30 credit hours of college coursework
Must have GPA of 3.0
Sophomore level of education and ability to work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer.
Must be a self-driven worker who is always looking to excel in what they do.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Good computer skills with ability to learn new programs/software.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task amidst rapid change
-“Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.”
Education: Pursuing a BS degree in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management, Business, or other related education.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.