3 months ago
The Boeing Global Services – Government Services (BGS-G) Global Sales & Marketing (GSM) team is seeking a highly motivated Proposal Development Specialist in support of new business campaign and proposal activities. This position reports to the BGS-G Proposal Development Manager. This position will sit in one of the following locations: Seattle, WA, Arlington, VA, Dallas, TX, San Antonio, TX or Saint Louis, MO.
The successful candidate will coordinate and develop responses to Requests for Proposal (RFP), which may include Sources Sought Notice (SSN) and Requests for Information (RFI) responses. Other tasks include the design, development, and implementation of processes for acquiring new business using an understanding of customer buying strategies, practices, and requirements. Processes include overall new business acquisition, win strategy, pricing strategy, and proposal management. Supports the training of users in process applications. Helps to create training programs, development of proposals, documentation of processes and procedures, reports, and sales tracking products. Works closely with the Sales & Marketing, program, and functional management teams. Assists in the identification of Information Systems and computing requirements to increase sales and gain new business for the Company.
• Accountable to the Proposal Development Manager for enabling BGS-G proposal development in support of bid and proposal activity
• Lead the coordination and production of proposal (RFI, Sources Sought, RFP etc.) responses while assembling a proposal team with the relevant service, product and business knowledge required to win
• Lead the coordination and performance of planning, producing and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business environment. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines
• Lead the scheduling and running of proposal kick-off meetings, lead storyboarding sessions and draft document reviews, facilitate key review meetings / final document review, coordinate proposal governance / sign off, document production and delivery of the completed proposal. Responsible for the coordinating and updating of a content management system.
• Proactively support capture teams to ensure application of appropriate governance and development of appropriate deliverables
• Liaise with the awarding authorities regarding any clarifications or amendments as required
• Ensure all bids are accurately completed and represent the company experience and abilities in the best possible way to secure the opportunity
• Ensure all submissions are uploaded (if applicable), printed, packaged and delivered in the format and media type required and within the deadlines established
• Develop a good understanding of awarding authorities’ vision, strategy and plans in order to maximize capture rates. Must have a full understanding of the customer’s evaluation criteria (Section L and Section M) in order to craft the response that achieve the highest source selection ratings.
• Gather and develop information relating to specific tenders, relative projects and long term opportunities. Delivery of compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframes.
• Coordinate and review / edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and engineering
• Apply the results of lesson learned activity to drive continuous improvement of proposal development processes and tools
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Global Sales & Marketing
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Basic Qualification: (Required)
• Highly competent with proposal development & management processes
• Prior bid and proposal experience, with an understanding of an Integrated Business Acquisition Process (IBAP)
• Extensive knowledge of the USG acquisition process (DoD and non-DoD)
• Current USG Security Clearance (or ability to obtain)
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to communicate complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
• Understanding of industry bid and proposal best practices, with APMP accreditation preferred
• Highly competent in using MS Office products
• Bachelor's degree and typically 15 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 13 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award