3 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Proposal Coordinator (Armstrong)
The overriding business objective for the Proposal Coordinator is to support business development activities ultimately resulting in new business with customers. This individual will support activity of Business Development that result in new business growth. The Business Development Team will have a significant impact to the successful growth of Astronics. This is a position within a dynamic company that is excited about the long-term growth of CSC Engineering and certification services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Support proposal activity by interpreting RFQs and RFI’s and producing appropriate needs documentation in order to produce meaningful and accurate responses.
* Interface with customers and potential customers. Collaborate with other departments to gather and package information requested to support customer requests and technical proposal development.
* Conduct industry and product research as directed by Business Development Managers.
* Work in conjunction with CSC stakeholders (PM, Engineering, Certification, Supply Chain) to prepare an accurate overall cost estimate for the project scope by preparing inquiries for service and material and evaluating vendor quotes for technical & commercial accuracy and completeness.
* Utilize CRM system (Salesforce) for documentation and reporting of proposal activities and status by maintaining up-to-date and accurate system data.
* Prepare detailed and precise bid documentation in accordance with CSC standard procedures and in compliance with customers’ bid, identifying and documenting assumptions, exceptions and clarifications.
* Field and answer customer questions, e.g. Armstrong-Info mailbox, in a timely manner.
* Participate in project kick-off meetings as a hand-off to Project Management and prepare and provide a complete handover package including technical and commercial details with financial review.
* Attend customer meetings as necessary to develop customer solutions and provide technical and commercial support in closing sales.
* Perform other miscellaneous duties and/or other special projects as required.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and/or experience
* 3 years experience researching competitive and industry data used to develop successful proposal strategies/product positioning.
5 years in business development in aerospace industry, working and leading proposal activities, preferably in cabin equipment and services.
Astronics CSC Itasca (1437)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.