7 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Projects and Contracts Specialist will demonstrate leadership in development and implementation of site contracts and maintenance of site contracting strategy
In addition you will :
* Development and Implementation of site contract administration procedures and processes
* Leads the development of and implementation of site contracting strategy
* Responsible for maintaining the site conditions documentation
* Oversight and training of other Contract Administrators and Field Contract Administrators on site
* Adherence to GE Beliefs throughout contracting process
* Avoidance of and training for others on co-management issues
* Implementation of the CTQ processes for contractor safety
* Contractor prequalification process including variance process
* Bid package development including site conditions and scope development
* Managing the bid cycle and contract award process with Sourcing
* Auditing contractor training including home office audits
* Coordination of work in the field including safety audits, JSA audits, and the work permit process
* Ensures compliance with regulatory and GE safety requirements
* Managing the post job evaluation process
* Interface with Tennessee Valley Training Center related to contractor safety, orientations, testing, training, badging, etc.
* Responsible for the receipt of services process on site, including working with accounts payable to resolve invoice issues
* Assisting with injury management and incident investigations
* Manages the interface between the contractors, legal, sourcing, EHS, accounts payable, the project process and any other party
* Maintains the appropriate corporate and site level metrics to improve the CA process
* Responsible for General Plant Property / Infrastructure execution of work
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Accounting or a related field from an accredited university or college (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a manufacturing role)
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in purchasing, contract administration, engineering or project management
* Ability and willingness to work varied shifts and weekends
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* 5 years of experience in purchasing, contract administration, engineering or project management
* Awareness of OSHA 1910, OSHA 1926, contract law, terms and conditions
* Demonstrated Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft applications (including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) for the purpose of word processing, presentations, spreadsheets and information retrieval
* Capable of interfacing with Management and Legal on issues affecting Contract Administrators
* Strong interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills required
* Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
* Possess authentic listening skills
* Analytical skills associated with developing and utilizing performance measures and cost savings
* Problem solving skills, including logical thought processes, with the ability to resolve complex issues
* Self-motivated with the ability to successfully and simultaneously manage multiple tasks, meet multiple deadlines, and work with minimal direct supervision
* Ability to organize, schedule and prioritize workload to meet various schedules and objectives on short notice
* Ability to resolve conflict in a win-win manner
* Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), focus attention on details, follow work rules and adhere to established work schedules
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Alabama; Huntsville