11 months ago
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 49 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
PROJECT MANAGER- Req # 8216
(Central Services Program Management Team)
Work Location: Irvine, CA (preferred)
Manages and is accountable for the project management, contract performance, and internal interface of assigned Parker projects. Manages retrofit projects of moderate complexity and scope, capital projects, or portions of projects/programs. Serves as the focal point to all stakeholders, both internal and external, for the project(s). Projects can be of Commercial or Military origin and across all Parker Aerospace Divisions.
1. Ensures customer requirements are met and are in the best interests of Parker by creating the program charter, baseline plan, and other program management components. Ensures that the cost basis and/or pricing is correct by evaluating resource requirements, and performing risk analysis. As described by AGS PRM-01 (Program Management Policy).
2. Develops business case for project approval, plans and monitors costs and technical performance to milestones/schedules for customer projects through coordinated team effort.
3. Makes decision on technical and schedule priorities for projects within the team’s scope.
4. Facilitates and ensures effective product/technology gate reviews.
5. Continually improves project effectiveness through process and system standardization.
6. Communicates project status to Division staff, management, and customer through project/program reviews and elevates issues as required.
7. Makes project decisions within overall budget and resources parameters. Utilize cost and budget parameters as input for project prioritization.
8. Establishes, monitors, and controls project costs and approves budget expenditures.
9. Leads team (direct and/or cross-functional) to develop action plans to drive improved project performance.
10. May require travel between Parker Divisions, Airlines and Prime Customer locations.
- BA/BS degree in engineering, sciences, business, or a related field; PMP certification required, typically required within 6 months of assignment; advanced degree (MS/MBA) preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through eight or more years of related work experience with technical engineering and manufacturing projects and programs; may have specialized requirements. Prior project management experience of two or more years.
- Prior cross-functional and business experience leading projects and programs with high-technology customers, products, technology and processes
- In-depth knowledge of the Project Management five stage process and proficiency with program management processes, methodology, and architecture.
- Proficient with project management tools, including, but not limited to: scheduling, cost management, change control, time management, scope and resources, work breakdown structures, and risk management.
- Ability to communicate and serve as the customer advocate to fulfill contract requirements; guides the project team to quickly identify and address complex and critical issues and to resolve problems encountered by the team.
- Effective interpersonal and presentation skills; skilled at applying negotiation principles to achieve beneficial results. Able to influence business decisions and negotiate resource allocation.
- Proficiency with financial analysis (e.g. cost breakdowns, risk analysis, budget, etc) and experience with cost, contract terms and conditions, and profit decisions.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory compliance and industry. Takes steps to safeguard Parker competitive information and intellectual property.
- Proven ability to foster teamwork and cooperation with diverse groups of employees Ability to support and develop the project team through training and individual coaching.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Comprehensive knowledge of principles, industry practices, company products, technology, regulations, service capabilities, and policies related to marketing and business development for airline, military or OEM customers. Knowledge of program management and business processes and procedures, including technical and business proposal development. Knowledge of domestic and international customer budgeting and acquisition processes and procedures. Knowledge of government and industrial procurement regulations and practices. Knowledge of competitors’ products and marketing efforts and national, industrial business, and political interests. Knowledge of other companies’ products and capabilities for potential teaming and alliances. Knowledge of related US and international rules and regulations. Ability to work on most complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables and/or incomplete data; understand problems from a broad, long-term perspective. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex policies and recommend changes to procedures. Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to use standard business applications software. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to top management, customers, and/or boards of directors. Ability to translate customer desires and projected requirements into business development strategies and develop solutions to customer problems. Ability to demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once. Extensive overnight, long distance, domestic and international travel may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID #8216 (LG 10). A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.