3 months ago
Delta Air Lines has an immediate opening for a Project Manager - ACS Innovation and Technology. Delta is seeking an individual to support and implement the long-term vision for Delta Air Lines' customer experience. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with Delta leadership, internal business units, and external partners to deliver programs that improve airport performance and the airport experience for Delta Air Lines customers and employees. This position will report to the General Manager - ACS Innovation and Technology and will be based in Atlanta, GA.
* Collaborate with internal and external partners to explore and transform ideas into workable solutions that enable Delta to achieve its strategic goals
* Drive ACS technology initiatives that enhance the passenger and employee experiences in areas that include: safety, lobby, gate, baggage, passenger facilitation, mobile and enterprise applications
* Represent ACS on cross-functional initiatives, such as Airport of the Future
* Facilitate efficient and effective communication between ACS business units, IT, Finance, OAP, and other stakeholders to improve project performance and inform strategic decision-making
* Perform project management functions for ACS technology initiatives, including planning, managing and monitoring timelines and budgets
* Assess the feasibility of solutions and partner with stakeholders to establish the business case for implementation
* Lead and provide project management for pilot activities to test and refine solutions, and exhibit behaviors that allow Delta to "learn fast and fail cheap"
* Apply research, innovation best practices, and agile methods to ACS technology projects to develop minimally viable products (MVPs) and prepare successful products for scaled deployment
* Scout trends and benchmark airline, airport, travel, and non-travel innovation best practices, and look for opportunities to improve Delta's performance
* Develop both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being
* Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of product/project management (or related) professional experience required. Master's degree preferred with a minimum of 3 years related work experience. With no degree, must have a minimum of 7 years of product/project management professional experience.
* Proven experience being a key contributor on both medium and large scale projects involving multiple partners
* Deep knowledge of Delta systems, processes, and policies
* Demonstrated technology expertise, including understanding of and experience with front-end technologies, agile development methodology, and user-centered design principles
* Must possess strong communication skills and creative thinking, excellent storytelling capabilities and the ability to provide appropriate business, design, customer and cultural context
* Effective verbal, written, and visual communication skills, with the ability to understand the business needs and translate those needs
* Must be highly adaptable, energetic, and comfortable working in a small, closely-knit group with varying levels of guidance and direction
* Must be performing satisfactorily in current position