6 months ago
Project Manager - Cybersecurity
Post Begin Date
20 hours ago(6/11/2018 5:43 PM)
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
* Defines complex project plans including scope, budget and schedule, and executes tasks defined in the project plan to achieve project goals using standard project management methodologies and practices.
* Continually assesses project needs and resources to complete projects on time and within budget.
* Validates, and may help develop, business cases with Customers, as well as develops a project charter.
* Drives testing and acceptance of project results.
* Partners with resource managers, Business Partners and vendors to assemble a project Team and provide ongoing motivation to drive projects to completion.
* Leads and facilitates project meetings and presentations to Leadership.
* Engages and initiates change leadership to ensure project acceptance.
* Drives Teams and Customers toward decisions.
* Establishes cross functional alliances within and outside of the Technology Department to drive results.
* Proactively communicates with Stakeholders, Sponsors and Project Teams to maintain project alignment.
* Builds partnerships to collaborate and uses influence without authority to gather Customer and business requirements and communicate effectively with all project Teams and support groups.
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
* College degree in Technology, Finance, Business or equivalent work experience.
* MBA preferred.
* 3 or more years work experience in project management required.
* Experience as a project manager preferred
* Knowledge of issues/risk management and project change requests required.
* 2 or more years of experience in Cybersecurity domain preferred.
* Familiarity with financial management tools; Veritas preferred.
* Advanced knowledge utilizing Powerpoint and Excel.
* PMP certification or equivalent work experience as a Project Manager preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of project processes, problem management tools and procedures.
* Advanced knowledge of MS Project, Visio, MS Office Suite including SharePoint.
* Advanced knowledge of technology applications and systems infrastructure.
* Proficient knowledge of application impact on operational and business functions.
* Strong Customer Service and Team orientation.
* Demonstrates and employs active listening skills.
* Builds relationships and influences without authority.
* Effectively communicates information and ideas using all forms of communication.
* Maintains composure under pressure and accurately assesses problem situations.
* Directs tasks to finish by scheduled completion date.
* Reorders job priorities for Team and self as needed.
* Works effectively in a fast paced, collaborative, Team based environment.
* Demonstrates Leadership skills to direct performance of outside Contractors and maintain positive relationships with internal Customers.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Refer a FriendRefer
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us through our Talent Communities.
Interested in this career opportunity?