6 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
This is a key position responsible for driving execution of urethane projects reporting directly to the Program Manager. The Project Manager is responsible driving execution (schedule, quality, and cost) of assigned projects. With direction of the Program Manager, the Project Manager will plan and execute engineering design and manufacturing projects for defense, defense related and aerospace products. Projects may be separately funded and usually have different customers and varied requirements. Projects include elements of design, analysis, materials and process development, test and evaluation of engineered composite material structures and components.
* Plan, develop, implement, and coordinate project(s).
* Oversee and supervise an interdepartmental team of individuals and suppliers to meet customer quality, performance and schedule requirements within finite budget constraints.
* Coordinate with Program Managers and Operations Manager to manage projects effectively to assure overall business sales and profit goals are met.
* Develop and manage program budgets for each program and perform regular cost and productivity analyses.
* Assure planning is efficiently released to shop through regular interaction with Manufacturing Engineering and Operations staff.
* Monitor and evaluate program/project effectiveness; effect changes required for improvement.
* Direct, manage, and oversee the daily administrative components of program(s)/project(s).
* Develop and implement systems and processes to establish and maintain program/project records.
* Prepare proposals.
* Implement continuous improvement strategies.
* At least 7 years working as an engineer on mid to high level complexity, technical projects
* Previous urethane material/product experience in design & production environment is desired.
* 10% - 20% Travel may be required.
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Working knowledge of FARS, DFARS, and related government contracting regulations.
* Knowledge of cost control & schedule control.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must, as this person is the focal point for all interactions with the customer, and must have with the ability to remain calm and professionally diffuse difficult situations.
* Ability to gather and analyze data, compile information, and prepare reports.
* Ability to establish and implement UTAS Product Introduction tools.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Ability to direct and motivate others.
* Knowledge of management principles and practices.
* Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
* Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
* Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
* Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
* Program planning and implementation skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
* Working knowledge of design and manufacturing with urethane material.
* Additional relevant skills that would be considered an asset are: design experience, six-sigma/lean experience, marketing/business development experience and MS Project experience.
* Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project is also required
* Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related field required
* Masters of Science or MBA preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.