10 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles) and Pittsburgh, and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
Team: Solutions Delivery
Position: Project Manager
Reports to: Manager, Solutions Delivery
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Solutions Delivery, the Project Manager will be responsible for planning and implementing project management practices within Porter Airlines Inc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage company-wide projects to ensure initiatives are on time, on budget and to the quality of internal stakeholders
* Create project plans and manage scope and budget
* Direct and coordinate the activities of internal and vendor resources to ensure deliverables are met
* Lead and maintain quality assurance for projects
* Identify risks and issues and develop clear solutions and mitigators
* Support the implementation of project management processes and procedures to be used within the Solutions Delivery team and throughout the organization
* Act as a business analyst when required
* Understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Bachelors or graduate degree in business or related studies
* PMP designation or working towards PMP
* 5 years of project management experience; aviation industry experience preferred
* Experience in consulting is an asset
* Experience and knowledge in enterprise-wide technology and business projects and experience with external vendors preferred
* Demonstrated ability in leading project teams and managing multiple concurrent assignments
* Demonstrated ability to think both at a strategic and detailed task level
* Strong understanding of project management best practices
* Ability to engage and communicate at all levels within the organization and champion change
* Adaptable and quick learner of new tools and processes
* Ability to manage relationships at all levels with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* A passion for the business and an inherent drive to be successful and maintain good poise in challenging situations
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date March 28, 2018
* Reference ID 34-95-01