Reporting to the Director of Maintenance, the Project Manager has “full project ownership” of the assigned aircraft to receive HMV (Heavy Maintenance Visits)/Modification services. He/she develops the plan in collaboration with Production Planning and coordinates and controls the distribution and management of work with his/her Leads to ensure the Company meets the re-delivery date. Through the Leads the Project Manager will make sure that all repair personnel carry out their respective duties in full accordance to company policies and procedures and in full compliance to FAA/EASA regulations and in line with OEM MPDs, and in so doing delivering efficient high quality work with safety being their uncompromised priority.
· Ensure the highest quality service, safety standards and performance, with the objective of exceeding customer satisfaction in the re-delivery of airworthy, reliable and clean aircraft, in a timely manner.
· Responsible for direct supervision of the maintenance Lead, and in turn through the respective leadman the A&P Mechanics, Sheetmetal Mechanics, Avionic Technicians, Outside Services personnel with authority to guide and advise technical activity in accordance with Repair Station Manual and FAA regulations.
· Provide leadership and direction, coach and mentor direct reports and their subordinates to consistently deliver excellence in their undertaking as individuals and team players, ensuring high quality workmanship and on-time re-delivery of aircraft.
· Secure commitment and accountability at all levels in execution of both work and accurate supporting documentation.
· In collaboration with Production Planning & Control, Quality Assurance & Safety, Customer and Leads, establish project plan for each aircraft to be serviced in accordance with the Workscope and respective timeline.
· Schedule work shift personnel necessary to accomplish the assigned work scope together with the Director of Maintenance, Production Planning and Leads.
· Elaborate Shift Handover instructions and Work Interruption logs with attention to detail.
· Obtain customer approvals for man hours and parts as needed. Provide complete explanation and fastidious detail to justify the request for approval.
· Always carry out Purchase Order requests and Parts Consumption in accordance with Company procedures and documentation requirements.
· Ensure the work area and bay in which their Aircraft project is located is kept to the highest standards of safety, compliant at all times, enforcing regulations and practices to avoid accidents. To report any incident immediately to Quality Assurance & Safety in accordance with Company policies and procedures. To ensure that good housekeeping practices are enforced at all times with an objective of securing an environment conducive to employee well-being.
· Scrutinize the proper tagging of Aircraft components, parts and panels appropriately stored (including racks by aircraft).
· Demand and accomplish document procedures and sign-offs in accordance with Repair Station Manual and respective tasks.
· Strive for continuous process improvements and increasing efficiencies in execution and delivery with safety as a priority.
· Maintain close and frequent communication with the Director of Maintenance, notifying him/her of progress and any road-blocks or threats to the project’s critical path that could impact re-delivery.
· Review daily personnel performance and progress on aircraft to determine if any alteration to the plan and schedule is necessary and to ensure that tasks are completed within budgeted time.
· Collaborate with the Director Quality Assurance & Safety and his Training Specialist to establish On-The-Job Training Programs (OJT) for maintenance personnel and coordinate participation in training programs as appropriate. Participate in relevant development training including General Familiarization Certification.
· Conduct regular progress meetings with Customer and all relevant department heads and personnel concerning operational requirements and activities, clearly establishing objectives and actions.
· Deal with Customers in a cordial, respectful and professional manner, and to see to it that all personnel behave accordingly.
· Ensure that tools and equipment are correctly used and handled by operations personnel for both safety and to reduce breakages, wear and tear. Require Leads to ensuring that any tool malfunction is promptly reported to the Stores personnel by the mechanics by following proper procedures.
· Support the Director Maintenance with other business activities as needed.
· To lead by example at all times; through professional behavior, integrity, commitment to the company and compliance with its policies.
The Project Manager will have numerous Leads and their technicians reporting (numbers depend on Aircraft maintenance Workscope). Personnel to be managed include sub-contractors.
One of the key challenges for the Project Manager is that of ensuring mechanics and other production personnel undertake their task efficiently and within the budgeted time while consistently maintaining a high safety standard. Also important is to ensure that all documentation is completed and signed-off accurately and with integrity in a timely manner.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: High School Diploma/GED or OJT, preferably with an Undergraduate Degree. Holds a current mechanic certificate with both Airframe and Powerplant Ratings, and has held these ratings for at least 5 years.
EXPERIENCE: At least 5 years of diversified maintenance experience on large aircraft with an Air Carrier, Commercial Operator or Certified Repair Station, and must have acted as an A&P Mechanic. A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in an Air Carrier and/or Repair Station environment.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Strong leadership skills.
· Effective decision-making skills.
· Strong negotiating skills.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively interact with all levels of staff from different departments effectively.
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills in order to prioritize workload according to business demands and works well under pressure.