8 months ago
Project Manager 4 (SCRUM Master)
Jeppesen is seeking an experienced Scrum Master / Agile Project Manager that can take our product development teams to the next level in adoption of Agile and Scrum practices. The ideal candidate will bring previous experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive growth and increased effectiveness in value and quality of software we create. Our new Scrum Master must be able to excel in communication and planning and team development.
* Guides the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices, including helping organizing the team, facilitating daily standups, sprint planning, sprint demos and retrospective meetings
* Guides the team on how to get the most of self-organization
* Assesses the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaches the team to higher levels of maturity
* Removes impediments or guides the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
* Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
* Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and sharing information
Workes with the Requirements Analyst(s) to ensure team expectations on requirements elicitation exit criteria is met
Assists the RTE (Release Train Engineer) in organization of Program Increment planning activities.
* Supports and educates the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
* Facilitates communication of project health/metrics and status with project teams, stakeholders and sponsors.
* Maintains JIRA dashboards and team dashboards to show current and future work items.
* Prepares and participates in risk, issue and opportunity identification and mitigation or capture sessions and escalates to project or program leadership when assistance is required to remove road blocks.
* Captures and documents all lessons learned or after action review comments and provides summary briefings as necessary.
* Establishes alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the project, including Program Increment planning. Develops and maintains constructive and cooperative interpersonal working relationships with others.
* Provides feedback and performance assessments to appropriate management in a timely manner and addresses and ensures conflict among project team members is resolved.
* Continuously seeks to expand and improve personal knowledge in the area of Agile and Scrum best practices and assists in the development and promotes adoption of new processes or changes to existing processes within Jeppesen that continue to mature the discipline.
Degree in a related field of study and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of JIRA and JAMA and how they are used in an Agile development environment.
* SCRUM Master Certification
* Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
* Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
* Excellent communication and mentoring skills
* Performs work with minimal direction and exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.