3 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager (Early Career) to join the Program Management team in Huntington Beach, CA.
This position is to support projects and studies within Program Management. Responsibilities include (but not limited to) working with cross functional teams to develop program scope, schedules, budgets and performance management tools. The project manager shall report project execution including cost, schedule, technical, and quality performance to the USAF customer and C-17 senior leadership team. The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment in support of projects in various stages of implementation; including proposals, contract negotiations, execution, and project closure. The candidate must be able to work collaboratively across the organization and functional boundaries on a daily basis by establishing project teams, operating rhythms, and developing execution plans.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Working various types of projects across the life cycle of a military weapon system program including: Development, Obsolescence, Modernization, and Retrofit.
• Develops overall project plan consistent with project objectives as defined by the project owner and key stakeholders in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry (e.g., PMI, Project Management Body of Knowledge [PMBOK], ANSI, and ISO standards).
• Providing overall project management of assigned projects; monitoring, tracking and reporting of project elements; managing earned value/ project performance; managing risks, issues, opportunities and action items; and managing schedule execution.
• Uses negotiating skills by engaging with specific organizational and project task owners to improve project performance commitments. Responsible for the development and update of task specific, plans, deliverables and schedules.
• Researches and gathers information from project team regarding progress, concerns and/or issues (e.g., cost, schedule, deliverables) to produce periodic reports, charts, schedules, etc., per established processes and formats.
• Identifies, assigns and tracks action items as they occur throughout project. Coordinates project meeting activity and status reporting for recurring project process and progress documentation.
• Works under general supervision. Products are reviewed for sound judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
• Experience working across organizations and cross-functional groups to ensure project coordination, implementation and completion
• Experience in Program Management
Typical Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award