7 months ago
Position acts as a business liaison between Delta and one or more Delta Connection carriers, and provides direction for both the Delta Connection Portfolio team and working with cross-functional teams.
* Supporting the administration of the existing carrier contracts and relationships between Delta and the carriers, including legal document drafting and review, and assisting in the administration of carrier contracts through cross-divisional coordination within Delta
* Supporting initiatives to drive cost savings through synergies and productivity benefits with the carriers
* Reviewing and managing the profitability of each program
* Providing leadership and support in the implementation of new carrier relationships and continued negotiations relating to the existing carrier relationships
* Bench marking current carrier costs against others in the regional industry. Practices safety conscious behavior in all operational processes and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business, supply chain management, logistics, engineering or finance, along with 5 years related work experience or MBA and/or J.D. preferred with at least 3 years related work experience.
* Must demonstrate the ability to work closely and collaboratively with internal business partners and contract carrier associates to drive preferred behavior.
* Ideal candidate should be knowledgeable of airline operating economics and have 3-5 years of contract management and airline financial analysis experience.
* Must have a strong understanding of airline operations.
* Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written, be proficient in MS Office, research and analysis, have strong business acumen, drive for results, industry knowledge, and strategic agility.
* Attention to detail is essential.
* Candidate should be well organized, competent at managing interactions with others, exerting personal influence and self- confidence, building valued-based relationships, thinking systemically, using judgment and common sense.
* Able to work with confidential information and possess leadership, decision making, computer, and presentation skills.
* Ability to perform effectively and deliver results in a high stress, goal-oriented team environment and under strict deadlines with close attention to detail.
* Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.