7 months ago
Project Engineer, Supplier Designed Equipment (EMIDs)
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57759BR Date posted 12/11/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
ES business is seeking a Project Engineer to join our Electro-Mechanical Interface Devices (EMIDs) group. The group works closely with and manages suppliers of complex engineered items, who are required to design, develop and manufacture aerospace components in support of Engine Systems programs. The candidate will work with a multi-disciplined, technical design and project management team in executing the engineering design process, in a fast-paced engineering environment, for development and integration of engineered components for military and/or commercial engine programs.
Major job responsibilities include coordination of all necessary internal, supplier, and customer activities:
* Perform system and component requirements review and compliance assessments
* Provide design oversight, including generation of drawings, specifications and summary reports
* Execute tasks aligned with the engineering standard work tool
* Interface with suppliers and members of the technical design team to manage the design and integration of complex assemblies
* Hold regular meeting with the cross functional IPD team, take action items, and publish meeting minutes
* Create risk and mitigation plan
* Create detail presentations for design reviews and other internal / customer reviews
* Create hardware matrix to support procurement with development and production hardware deliveries
* Support process certification and production incorporation
* Conduct investigations using Relentless Root Cause & Corrective action (RRCA)
* Coordinate all Engineering Change activities (UTAS and suppliers)
* Create detailed MS project schedule and update on regular basis
* Manage program budget; provide staffing and financial plans
* Contribute to proposals and technical leadership on new business opportunities
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, creative, possess a sense of ownership and urgency and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
* Experience in new product development from component level design to verification and validation
* Strong planning and execution skills with ability to multi-task to meet challenging schedule and budget
* Ability to work across organization -- team members, suppliers, and customers
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 5+ years of experience required or
Master’s degree in Engineering with 3+ years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.