3 months ago
Project Engineer (PDE)-TOR03881
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Prepare and chair weekly Integrated Product Development Team (IPDT) meetings as well as other engineering reviews to support product development of an aircraft system
- Align stakeholders and ensure action closure as well as document approval on-time.
- Track and burn down KPIs for Certification and other development milestones.
- Support governance/tracking for change and risk management.
- Create, harmonize, manage, and track compliance to various schedules required to manage the project (supplier & WP)
- Coordinate and track to ensure major Supplier/BA deliverables are available and on schedule
- Manage priorities, and the communication and harmonization of these priorities
- Engineering Release (Drawings, Modsums, Documents, Service Bulletins etc), tracking and compliance
- Drive change Management through BA process (RFC/PCR/NOC)
- Produce governance visibility for the Project Engineering Organization and Senior Leadership
- Represent Engineering & Product Development at various inter-departmental meetings
- Create the Statement of Work for each development phase of the project
- Develop good working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams within BA and with all Suppliers
- This position is based in Toronto
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold an Engineering Degree. PMP certification is an asset
- You have 5-8 years of experience with a multidisciplinary team in the Aerospace industry
- You are familiar with Program/Project Management processes
- You have experience in project management as well as knowledge of the aircraft development cycle
- You have a professional attitude and superior communication skills
- You have excellent organizational, time management skills, foresight, accuracy, attention to detail and commitment to objectives and responsibilities
- You have a pro-active attitude and ability to manage multiple priorities
- You are self-motivated, autonomous and enthusiastic
- You are a natural leader
- You have an ability to work willingly and independently in a fast paced, challenging environment
- You have effective problem solving skills with ability to make good decisions to move projects along to meet or exceed the targets
- You have superior skills in MS Office including MS Project, PowerPoint and Excel
- Some activities will require work outside of normal business hours
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 23.03.2018, 1:30:55 PM
7 months ago
only 17 days until close
5 months ago
only 12 days until close
2 months ago
only 19 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close