about 1 year ago
Job Code :
Glastonbury CT US 06033
% of Travel Required :
Job Type :
Career Level :
Job Description :
HEICO Aerospace is a very successful, fast-paced subsidiary of HEICO Corporations, a NYSE-traded company (NYSE: HEI, HEI.A). For more than 40 years, HEICO has thrived by serving niche segments of the aerospace, defense, and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO Aerospace's high-energy culture base, which is made up of most of the world's airlines. Our "work hard, play hard" approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our team members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine has ranked HEICO as one of the 200 "Best Small Companies" and 200 "Hot Shot Stocks".
Turbine Kinetics, a subsidiary of HEICO Aerospace Corporation is currently recruiting a Project Engineer that will be based in Glastonbury, Connecticut. In this position, the Project Engineer will:
* Preparing design substantiation packages for FAA Parts Manufacturer Approval applications in accordance with Standard Procedure SP004 and the TK Design Manual
* Developing part and tool drawings for airworthy flight hardware using CAD software in accordance with SP004 and the TK Design Manual
* Assisting in the development of manufacturing processes for airworthy flight hardware
* Interacting with quality department, supply chain department and supplier with regards to drawing interpretation, manufacturing methods, inspection methods, etc.
* Disposition of non-conforming materials in accordance with the TK Quality Management System (QMS), including analyzing the non-conformance for fit, function, safety, and reliability, and communicating with quality, suppliers, and the FAA liaison as required.
* Preparing Design Changes in accordance with Standard Procedure SP 003 for part drawing, tool drawings and specifications
* Responding to field inquiries from customers and operators relating to TK FAA-PMA parts
* Providing engineering support and oversight to Continued Operational Safety (COS) related activities
* Preparing and approving TK QMS documents (e.g. Inspection Method Sheets)
Job Requirements :
* 2-5 years aerospace / mechanical design / manufacturing experience
* Proficient using 3D CAD software (Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc.)
* Experience with standard drawing convention and GD&T
* Proficiency in technical writing, specifically related to design disclosure and requests for government approval
* Familiarity with aircraft engine components, controls & accessories, and/or aircraft interiors
* Proficiency in basic structural, thermal, and modal analysis of mechanical components, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience preferred
* Knowledge of aerospace materials, processes, and coatings
* Knowledge of conventional aerospace manufacturing methods, including; milling, turning, grinding, lapping, stamping, forging, casting, molding, EDM, ECM, welding, brazing, heat treating, etc.
* A high attention to detail
* Must be flexible in handling multiple tasks
* Must have excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills
This is a great position for someone who loves challenges, a chance to learn an exciting business, and looking for an opportunity to move up in a successful company. HEICO Corporation offers competitive compensation, an excellent 401K plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.