3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
* Support Project Engineers with documentation, fabrication, investigation, and testing on evacuation system materials, components, and systems
* Plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection and adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
* Provide support to materials qualification, analysis, and test activities in support of escape system development and Operations Support
* Prepare test plans and reports to support project activity, and maintains up-to-date records of project test results
* Coordinates availability and inspection of materials and involvement of others in the conduct of testing to support project goals
* Must be enrolled in an accredited 4-year college/university and have a minimum of 30 credit hours completed or in a Master's degree program in Mechanical, Aerospace or Systems Engineering.
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
* must be willing to work full time during the summer and prefer someone who can work at least 16 hrs during the school year.
* Visual Basic experience is a plus
* Previous internship experience preferred
* Strong organizational skills preferred
* Good interpersonal skills preferred
* Strong written and verbal skills preferred
* Good analytical skills preferred
* Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory and work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems
* Experience using Microsoft Office applications
* Ability to input, retrieve, access and send information via computer
Working Conditions – Physical requirements and environment
* Office environment approximately 80% of the time
* Prototype lab environment approximately 20% of the time
* Domestic and international travel may be required up to 10% of the time
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Pursing a bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Systems Engineering.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.