11 months ago
Project Engineer - Electrical Buy, Supplier Designed Equipment
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 55628BR Date posted 10/24/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Supplier Designed Equipment (SDE) organization of ES business unit is seeking a Project Engineer to join our PurePower Electrical Buy Team. The team works closely with and manages suppliers of complex engineered items, who are required to design, develop and manufacture aerospace systems and components in support of PurePower programs. The candidate will work with a multi-disciplined, technical design and project management team in executing the engineering design process, in a fast-paced engineering environment, for development and integration of engineered systems and components.
The Project Engineer shall be responsible for coordination of all necessary internal, supplier, and customer activities including:
• Performing system and component requirements review and compliance assessments
• Providing design oversight, including generation of drawings, specifications and summary reports
• Conducting investigations using Relentless Root Cause & Corrective action (RRCA)
• Coordinating all Engineering Change activities (UTAS and suppliers)
• Interfacing with suppliers and members of the technical design team to manage the design and integration of complex assemblies
• Holding regular meeting with the cross functional IPD team, take action items, and publish meeting minutes
• Creating risk and mitigation plan
• Providing communication, as necessary, to Engineering and business unit leadership, senior UTAS management, customers, and suppliers
• Supporting process certification and production incorporation
• Creating detailed MS project schedule and update on regular basis; also manage program budget
• Executing tasks aligned with the engineering standard work tool
Qualification: - Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related field with 5+ years of experience or
- Master’s degree in engineering and/or an MBA preferred with 3+ years of experience
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, creative, possess a sense of ownership and urgency and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
* Experience in new product development from component level design to verification and validation
* Strong planning and execution skills with ability to multi-task to meet challenging schedule and budget
* Ability to work across organization -- team members, suppliers, and customers
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proficiency in ACE and/or Design for Six Sigma is preferred
* US person required
Education: Bachelor of Science in engineering or a related field required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.