11 months ago
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 49 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT OPERATIONS - Project Engineer – Control Systems
DUBLIN, GEORGIA #6976
As an integral part of the engineering department in Customer Support Operations Division this role will provide technical support to engineering programs, processes, internal OEM division aircraft prime manufacturers, airlines and military customers.
1. Comprehensive knowledge of system engineering theories, principles, and industry practices and policies, specifically in the area of aircraft Flight Controls and Hydraulic Systems, preferably with servo valves.
2. Ability to respond to significant inquires or complaints regarding system issues from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
3. Ability to communicate effectively (strong listening and verbal skills) and make effective persuasive speeches and presentations on complex aircraft system topics to management and customers
4. Ability to define system problems, collect data, establish facts, identify root causes, and draw valid conclusions
5. Proficient in writing engineering reports
6. Lead field unit investigations and internal projects to find root cause and corrective action, working with local Repair Shop, Sustaining engineering, and Quality departments
7. Frequent customer interface to present system project status and gain confidence in overall support of customer program
8. Work closely with internal and external customers and reliability team to monitor system performance and look for product trends that may affect system performance
9. Develop goals, objectives, and time line to successfully complete major customer support engineering projects related to systems by conducting engineering investigations, analyzing shop findings, identifying possible product improvements, preparing and reviewing plans, presentations, customer requirements and impacts, and conferring with management
10. Develop systems and component-level training for system familiarization by maintenance personnel, including fault diagnostics, to assist in troubleshooting and isolation of faults and also reduce unscheduled removals of hardware
11. Availability to travel to support customer world wide
12. Availability to answer customer phone calls 24 x 7
Bachelor's degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate) in engineering or a science technical discipline; Master's degree (MS) or MBA preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 7-9 years of related experience.
· Has thorough in-depth knowledge of engineering domain principles, concepts, product standards, and techniques, industry practices, regulations, and policies. Ability to apply broad knowledge of other related engineering or scientific field to area of expertise.
· Ability to effectively communicate and present status, actions, recommendations, and other technical information with clarity and precision. Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or marketing/sales teams.
· Effective project management and organizational skills. Able to facilitate project team interactions and develop project team member capabilities.
· Ability to apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or experts to own area of expertise.
· Proficient with software and specialized data analysis, design, and project management tools following established project/program management protocol.
. Ability to establish and track performance to goals and objectives to complete complex or major projects and provide direction to the team at project milestones
· Proficient with standard project management tools and practices
· Ability to apply Earned Value Management (EVM) principles to manage scope, schedule and cost objectives
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID # 6976. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.