4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
* This role serves as the cost reduction focal for the Commercial Fuel Metering and Actuation product line. The candidate will work with UTAS Engineering leadership, Program Office, Cost Reduction Team, and the IPD Project Engineering Leads to execute the following:
* Generate and manage Engineering Transition Validation (ETV) plans defining all engineering activity required to implement cost reduction initiatives.
* Execute Design Verification Testing per ETV plan.
* Drive and implement Relentless Root Cause & Corrective Action (RRCA) processes, through the use of the applicable ACE tools to ultimately facilitate design integrity improvements and enhanced Engineering Standard Work (ESW) practices.
* Coordinate the management and closure of all supplier interfacing related activities including fabrication processing issues, Flight Safety Frozen Process Review Board deliverables and dispositions to supplier Quality Notices (QNs) and requests for information (SRIs).
* Coordinating all UTAS Engineering Change (EC) activities for all drawings & solid models.
* Coordinate activities with UTAS Supply Chain Management and the Mechanical Engine Systems (MES) Operations team to support ETV.
* In addition to the above, the candidate will work with UTAS Engineering leadership, Program Office, and the IPD Project Engineering Lead to provide Project Engineering support in the following capacity for existing Commercial Legacy and Development programs:
* Drive project execution of technical requirements to budget and schedule through implementation of the Program Management System Standard (PMSS) and the IPD Team process.
* Provide staffing plans through the use of the UTAS Manpower Planning Tool (TIGER), including detailed plans through all disciplines and an outsourcing plan, also by discipline, which meet project milestones and budget.
* Manage Total Manufacturing Cost (TMC) for product and lead cost reduction initiates on component and/or fuel metering product line.
* Generate test plans for certification authority approval and execute Qualification Testing per approved test plans.
* 6+ months of experience in cost reduction initiatives on mechanical products.
* 3+ years of Engineering based Project Management.
* 3+ years of relevant experience in working with Hydraulic Actuation Systems, Fuel Controls and/or similar mechanical products.
* Good oral and written skills, coupled with a strong grasp of all Microsoft Office products and MS Project tools are necessary, along with the ability to work in a team environment.
* Must have the ability to apply mechanical/ hydro mechanical principals to analyze hardware, recommend corrective action, conduct engineering investigations and develop/conduct tests.
* Experience managing a program utilizing an Earned Value Management System is desired.
* Experience in working and leading product development teams, creating project plans, performing risk assessments, and working resource plans necessary for successful program execution.
* Familiarity with fuel metering controls, and mechanical components, in general, as well as basic working knowledge of control systems is desired.
* Familiarity with basic data analysis, processing, and plotting in Matlab or equivalent tool preferred.
* Proficiency in writing test plans/reports, familiarity with fuel and hydraulic test rigs, and/or experience executing DO-160/MIL-STD-810 type tests preferred.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.